Diplomatic White Top Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic White Top Visor

Dear all, I don't own this visor at https://www.weitze.net/militaria/36/...t__240936.html.
    But I think it is worth to be discussed and "documented" here:-

Hi David,
    I like what I see so far.
    Thanks,
    Curtiss

Comment

something about the eagle I don't like but can't quite put my finger on it...

Comment

Not sure about the insignia/or the cap either, but on a piece this nice would they actually apply the eagle straight through to the inside of the visor??

Comment

Originally posted by Andy C. View Post
          Not sure about the insignia/or the cap either, but on a piece this nice would they actually apply the eagle straight through to the inside of the visor??
          Andy C., this type of application is textbook for a Diplomatic eagle and in my personal opinion, that eagle is a very nice original.

That said, I think it is pretty obvious that the eagle is not original to this visor and if you look at the interior pic, you can also see signs of a much smaller metal eagle (there are marks from prongs).

Diplomatic white tops should also have three metal pipings (in contrast to RLB officer's i.e. that also have a black capband and two silver pipings).

Kurt

Comment

top class hat, looks great

Comment

Was waiting for you to pipe in Kurt. So the piping is incorrect for a Diplomatic visor and the eagle looks replaced…

Actually, I thought the eagle looked funky. I must be getting too cynical.

Comment

The stitching department over at Weitze is top notch

Comment

Reminds me of these 2:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks for all the comments and discussions! Very interesting and inspiring. So, do we come to the conclusion that the captioned thread that starts this thread is a "modified" one.

Comment

Thank you Daniel, I to was waiting for you to add your much needed opinion on this particular cap, learn something everyday here, great forum!!

Comment

One presumes that ‘Diplomatic corps’ being the ‘face’ of the Reich would have higher quality insignia than say, the rank and file officers of the Wehrmacht. At the very least one would expect that insignia such as the national eagle would be symmetrical. Removing the body of the eagle on this cap (below) we see the embroidery detailing of the feathers isn’t symmetrical. I would expect better detailing such as the one on my grey one.

Maybe I'm nit-picking but I just don't like that eagle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Don't forget about the white top police visor

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ite+top+police

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                            One presumes that ‘Diplomatic corps’ being the ‘face’ of the Reich would have higher quality insignia than say, the rank and file officers of the Wehrmacht. At the very least one would expect that insignia such as the national eagle would be symmetrical. Removing the body of the eagle on this cap (below) we see the embroidery detailing of the feathers isn’t symmetrical. I would expect better detailing such as the one on my grey one.

Maybe I'm nit-picking but I just don't like that eagle.
                            Dear Rick, thanks for your input. I have never paid such great attention.

This forum and the replies to this thread are so inspiring and educational!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X