Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Infantry visor for review

Gentlemen,

got this Heer Infantry Visor today. I would like to know more about it. Is it a crusher type, officer, NCO or like an EM walk out type. Also is the insignia good on it?

Thank you in advance

Michael
    Attached Files

more pictures a
    Attached Files

Comment

more pictures b
      Attached Files

Comment

more pictures c
        Attached Files

Comment

more pictures d
          Attached Files

Comment

last pictures
            Attached Files

Comment

Crusher? sorry but take a look at the pinned threads....

Next problem.... Fake

Br Christian

Comment

It's not a fake. It's an original cap that actualy has some very interesting features like the twisted rayon piping with overlapping joints.

Comment

I`m a bit confused now. I have M44 boards and the edge piping is the same material as on the white piping on the visor but of course this could`ve been replicated not sure this is my first visor or headgear of this type and I trusted the seller.

Comment

Really? With overlapping joints? There are not many visors with overlapping Joints.

Br Christian

Comment

The piping is rayon and overlapping the joints was quite common for this material.

Comment

It's really hard to find rayon popping in caps, it's my favorite pipping. The cap appears to have had someone try and color the pipping in on the back with a marker or sharpie... Still a nice teller form cap with the harder to din rayon pipping. Matt

Comment

Matt is correct, it seems like someone tried to re-colour the piping and then gave up.

Regardless of modern day thinking, rayon piping was not a late war substitute. This cap is from the pre war period in my opinion and was manufactured according to the ideals of "thrift" and "affordability" which was a very important part of 1930's Germany. I could go on and on about this period but I doubt it's what you want to hear.

Comment

Guys,

thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it a lot. Now regarding the back piping I found out after looking at it closer that it`s pen ink (Koenigsblau) I remember from German school as we all had to have a Federhalter. Now I had some Tintentod here and it took it all off flawlessly. I`m happy it`s a good hat I have here and will take good care of it and display it well. Intersting to know as well that it`s pre war.

Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X