Luft Bergmutze from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Bergmutze from Norway

I have a good friend from Norway. We communicate often and he knows I'm a militaria collector. His grandfather served in a Luft Flak unit during the occupation and this was his M-43. He sent me these pics, said his grandfather had this custom made in Oslo. Just posting to share with you guys, not a typical M-43 but I like it.
    Attached Files

additional

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! First Oslo made cap I've seen. Thanks for showing

Comment

Nicely rendered and good looking example.

Robt.

Comment

Very nice,

I have also seen panzer crusher from an Oslo maker, don't remember if it was the same though.

Mads

Comment

Value?

Since this is Luft bergmutze, what would approx. value be? Is it about the same as regular Luft M-43 NCO or more? Any thoughts appreciated?

Comment

Luft bergmutze are usualy more expensive than standard Luft M43's. But as this is a custom made cap it is not easy to fix a price.

Was this worn by a Norwegian in German service as your friend lives in Norway and the cap was his grandfathers?

Erik

Comment

A picture of the soldier wearing the cap would definitely help validation and valuation of the cap.

Comment

Hordes usually marked their caps with their crest logo, never seen this logo used on these before. They usually also made caps with the sweatband going all the way around, this one looks "cut". This particular cap could have started its life as a norwegian war-model police cap.

Can be seen on this photo :

http://www.aschehoug.no/nettbutikk/a...sen-1-aco.html
                  Last edited by Hilton; 04-19-2015, 05:23 PM. Reason: More information

Comment

Looks even as if there is a ghost after the war-time police trapezoid in the front of the cap (these could have metal insignia or bevolike trapezoid) , your friend should be happy; the norwegian police caps in officer quality fetch at least twice (triple even) the money a luftwaffe cap would sell for:-)

If he wants to sell it (and your not buying it) please let me know, I would gladly pay the full "Luftwaffe price" :-)
                    Last edited by Hilton; 04-19-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X