Landespolizei Visor

Opinion please
    Attached Files

szszsz
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
      szszsz
      comes from a family near Villach http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...296943&page=30
      Last edited by ferdinandmax; 03-28-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

I am a police collector, not a cap expert so I can offer no input regarding construction etc. , but it is certainly convincing

The cap you show could certainly be a Prussian LAPO Hausmutze from the late 20's through 1936. The colors are correct. However the police eagle is a post 1936 insignia and these caps would have been obsolete by the time the insignia became available. The color also seems to be the 1936 era police green and not the Prussian green, although the differences were fairly subjective.

The cap seems to have had a different insignia as evidenced by the oxidation below the police eagle prongs. I might suggest this once had an army wreath on it although this is pure speculation on my part. The 1936 Ordnungspolizei Hausmutze had a black leather brim, brown cap band, and cloth insignia. Could an old LAPO guy keep his Hausmutze, I guess so but it would be way out of order after 1936.

The green cap band almost looks applied rather than original to the cap. Does it seem factory or hand applied?

I will leave it to you hat guys to comment re construction. I am not a fan of reinforce stitching under the brim, but I have never had a Hausmutze of this era and have no idea if this was done.

Regards,
        W.Unland
        Last edited by W.Unland; 03-28-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I agree with Bill that this is supposed to be a Polizei Hausmutze. However, it has the wrong insignia and the construction is odd to say the least. Not convincing to me I am afraid.

Comment

as mentioned above the cap comes from private family, this type of cap that I have never seen in my life, there was also an army Feldmuetze, his cap as you can see, he had only a rosette, below, you can still see the signs, then with the other regulations has been added above the canopy, and the eagle, I found so and so I will leave, as regards its originality I have no problems. I had confirmed with the photo posted a similar one that existed, sorry English translated
            regards sergio

Comment

from the photo we see little, to view you see the circle of the rosette, are clearly seen inside the holes
              Attached Files

Comment

rubbish, and yet more rubbish

Comment

This hat is fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by U-21 View Post
                    This hat is fantasy.

Although you seem to be making an EX CATHEDRA statement, ie; declaring your infallible certainty, I would humbly beg to differ.

This type of Hausmutze did indeed exist, as the photo the poster referenced clearly shows. They are also specified in the regulations of 1936 albeit in a different construction and color scheme for the "new" national police.

So NO it is not a fantasy. A chrome plated "biker" helmet with a ww1 spike on top would be a fantasy. You may argue that this particular example is "wrong" or a "reproduction", or "not correct" but labeling it a "fantasy" would require a bit more than a simple declaration that it is so.

Although my personal feelings are that this example is NOT what it purports to be, for various reasons of construction; I would enjoy hearing the reasoning behind declaring it "rubbish" as well. As mentioned, I don't like the color, the brim construction, or the manner in which the band is attached, as well as the improper insignia. But even with that said, I haven't seen this type of cap before and I am willing to say .....I don't know. I wouldn't buy it, but I just don't know. I have seen too many items declared fake that show up in period photos later to discount anything regarding the civil police out of hand particularly an item as esoteric as this. I would respectfully remind Mr Germanpolice of the large brown 'Hausmutze" eagles and first pattern green cloth cap eagles that were declared fakes by many, but which were proven to actually be authentic by photos that he himself uncovered.

Unlike in the past when these forums encouraged detailed discussions, it seems that simple declarations of "fact" pass for discussion these days. That would be fine if I accepted the person making the declaration to have proven themselves infallible. If Mr. Bible declares a police warrant disk to be bad, that's good enough for me. If Stonemint says a schirmmutze is fake I believe it. As far as this cap goes I haven't read any comments by anyone who indicates that they have ever seen or possessed such a cap, let alone proven expertise in this type of item to such an extent that "infallibility" may be assumed.

This cap may indeed be an "interpretive recreation" of a Landespolizei hausmutze, but can we honestly say so without proffering any reason?

At least that's my feelings..........as a humble police collector with no particular standing in this incident matter.

Respectfully,
                    W. Unland
                    Last edited by W.Unland; 04-02-2015, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Interesting....there are photos documenting the use of this hat by the Polizei in ww2?

Comment

I apologize for not having asked permission to post , today I found other
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ferdinandmax; 04-02-2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

zszszs
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
                            Although you seem to be making an EX CATHEDRA statement, ie; declaring your infallible certainty, I would humbly beg to differ.

This type of Hausmutze did indeed exist, as the photo the poster referenced clearly shows. They are also specified in the regulations of 1936 albeit in a different construction and color scheme for the "new" national police.

So NO it is not a fantasy. A chrome plated "biker" helmet with a ww1 spike on top would be a fantasy. You may argue that this particular example is "wrong" or a "reproduction", or "not correct" but labeling it a "fantasy" would require a bit more than a simple declaration that it is so.

Although my personal feelings are that this example is NOT what it purports to be, for various reasons of construction; I would enjoy hearing the reasoning behind declaring it "rubbish" as well. As mentioned, I don't like the color, the brim construction, or the manner in which the band is attached, as well as the improper insignia. But even with that said, I haven't seen this type of cap before and I am willing to say .....I don't know. I wouldn't buy it, but I just don't know. I have seen too many items declared fake that show up in period photos later to discount anything regarding the civil police out of hand particularly an item as esoteric as this. I would respectfully remind Mr Germanpolice of the large brown 'Hausmutze" eagles and first pattern green cloth cap eagles that were declared fakes by many, but which were proven to actually be authentic by photos that he himself uncovered.

Unlike in the past when these forums encouraged detailed discussions, it seems that simple declarations of "fact" pass for discussion these days. That would be fine if I accepted the person making the declaration to have proven themselves infallible. If Mr. Bible declares a police warrant disk to be bad, that's good enough for me. If Stonemint says a schirmmutze is fake I believe it. As far as this cap goes I haven't read any comments by anyone who indicates that they have ever seen or possessed such a cap, let alone proven expertise in this type of item to such an extent that "infallibility" may be assumed.

This cap may indeed be an "interpretive recreation" of a Landespolizei hausmutze, but can we honestly say so without proffering any reason?

At least that's my feelings..........as a humble police collector with no particular standing in this incident matter.

Respectfully,
                            W. Unland
                            regards sergio

Comment

Bill its your opinion for you to spout this and that but when something is rubbish, like the rest of the police material posted by this person, then rubbish is RUBBISH no mater how you try and gloss it, and, you are always the one stating that ''WE MUST NOT GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY AS THE FAKERS ARE VIEWING THIS WEBSITE'' policy, yet you are now declaring but why is it so, and lets all talk about it, you need to make your mind up which is what?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X