X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe M43 Cap RB.Nr.0/0688/0039

I got this as a consignment item, a Luftwaffe M43 Cap
    Marked with RB.Nr.0/0688/0039

The cap is having an unusual thin quality rayon lining material. It shows all features of an original cap, it shows white/brown bias material.

I however found one similar cap in an even more mint condition in an old thread, it got mixed opinions at the time. I would like to know what are we thinking about these caps now and is it considered an original or very high end fake?

Thanks, Jim
    Attached Files

more

bias and loop
    Attached Files

Comment

lining and marking
      Attached Files

Comment

more details.

If more photos are needed, just ask
        Attached Files

Comment

A good mint one !
          For me no problem at all ...
          Nick

Comment

Well made, but I don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by oss View Post
              well made, but i don't believe it.
              + 1

Comment

Same mixed opinions as in the old thread on a similar cap.

But what is exactly the problem?

The materials are all original, lining is the same material as can be found in original Flight Blouses etc.

See photo on a Fliegerbluse
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, I was curious about this cap. I've looked at three of my fliegerblusen and under magnification the lining material looks identical to that in this cap.

OSS - In the interests of learning more would you be willing to elaborate on your concerns? (I don't mind a PM!). Do you think it stands any chance at all in your (valued) opinion?

I've been through the Pinned M43 cap section (yet again!) and it seems that the lining material can be seen in other caps, but the standard (not summerweight types) M43's with trapezoid insignia seem to have herringbone lining. I can't help but think that there could have been manufacturer variations however!

I note that there is no date, that seems unusual, but would a faker go through so much trouble and then omit the date?!

I can imagine that fakers would spend a lot of time and effort on faking SS caps with a high financial return, but is there enough profit for Luftwaffe caps? Jim said he can trace the cap back 10 years in a friend's collection, then via a Dutch dealer ultimately back to the US. If this was a successful copy, would not more have been made?

Would love to hear further thoughts.

Regards, Paul

Comment

When I said the cap was well made I meant to imply that while the construction and materials used are very similar to originals, it strikes me as a newer reproduction. For one thing, a date should be present on the marking and the ink used does not look to me like period examples. Also it looks like it was made last week. You will probably know for certain when you see an original and have no question. As for fakes, you will most likely have a nagging doubt and be inclined to ask for opinions. The excellent pinned thread on LW M-43s is a good place to get a feeling for these caps.

Comment

An LW M43 cap by this maker has already been reviewed on WAF;

http://forum.wehrmacht-awards.com/fo...=513110&page=2

The verdict was up in the air but overall not good,

Chris
                      Last edited by 90th Light; 03-23-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

OSS, going through the M43 Cap topic I see all details in construction on other caps in that topic, also caps without a date. I don't know which feeling I can get in the topic, I've allready have a lot of Luftwaffe M43 caps. This example starting this thread is in mint condition, but other then that I can't find anything wrong so far. And nobody seems to be able to tell what's wrong besides it's too mint so it is fake?

The cap is from a good friend who asked me to sell it, but before I return it to him I would like to get some constructive opinions and learn something new here.

the ink is dry

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                        An LW M43 cap by this maker has already been reviewed on WAF;

http://forum.wehrmacht-awards.com/fo...=513110&page=2

The verdict was up in the air but overall not good,

Chris
                        That is what I wrote in my first post above.

Comment

Just a question here... but is it a good eagle ? Maybe, dont know for sure but never seen one like this before.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW View Post

but is there enough profit for Luftwaffe caps?
                            Regards, Paul
                            Ofcourse it is......

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
                            If this was a successful copy, would not more have been made?

Regards, Paul
                            Why make more so the word gets out?

Comment

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by PaulW View Post

but is there enough profit for Luftwaffe caps?
                              Regards, Paul

Remember, that somewhere in the world, 1 month salary is 50$.
                              Is enough profit with fake equipment stuffs that normally are very cheap, Lw cap is a lot of money.

Ciao Stefano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X