Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe m43 officer's cap for consideration

Hi all,

Just wondering if I could get some opinions on this cap? You can quite clearly see in the lining to the front of the cap that it has been tampered with, I presume to re-attach removed insignia? There is obvious wear to the silvered piping overall. Some loss of nape to the wool areas showing when compared to the unexposed areas. One small area of moth grazing. Minor sweat staining visible to the inner lining. Only visible marking is the size stamp that I can make out. I have taken some images with and without the flash and in natural light to give a better overall picture of the condition and colours etc.

Any comments welcome!
    Attached Files

Images 3 & 4

3 & 4
    Attached Files

Comment

Images 5 & 6

5 & 6

I forgot to mention that the visor has been bent in several places, most likely by the original owner, to fit the soldiers requirements, as you often see.
      Attached Files

Comment

Images 7 & 8

7 & 8
        Attached Files

Comment

Images 9 & 10

9 & 10
          Attached Files
          Last edited by David Riley; 03-15-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Something isn't sitting right for me.

Comment

Main concern is the insignia which is likely why the lining has been disturbed.

Comment

The sweatband has been monkeyed with, too.

Comment

Stated in the description.....

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                  Main concern is the insignia which is likely why the lining has been disturbed.
                  "You can quite clearly see in the lining to the front of the cap that it has been tampered with, I presume to re-attach removed insignia?" from my desription of the cap at the beginning of the thread.

Comment

Sorry - I tend to appraise the photos and not read the posts!

Aside from the issues you mentioned I believe the base cap and piping is original officer M43. Too bad the restorer didn't pop on some bullion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X