Luftwaffe M41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe M41

So another of my inherited collection- a Luftwaffe M41 cap. I cannot find much out. I believe it to be an Italian-made as it has no markings on it, other than the size. My only reference is one that sold on a dealer site for big bucks. Wanting to know if it is real, and what the value on a hat like this would be.

Thanks

Hello,not a real period cap IMO....compare here
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=760455

Comment

Ok. I will do that. Thank you.

I am trying to get some better photos. Those ones were snapped in a hurry, but I don't know if that will change anything.

Can you tell me what makes you believe it is not a period hat?

Comment

Looks like a Walt Kanzler piece
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Tried to get some better photos:

Comment

Originally posted by Gopherboy128 View Post
            Ok. I will do that. Thank you.

I am trying to get some better photos. Those ones were snapped in a hurry, but I don't know if that will change anything.

Can you tell me what makes you believe it is not a period hat?
            I do not like the whole thing...material,eagle,construction of the cap..all fake IMO

Comment

OK thank you.

Comment

I would get John Hodgin's opinion/ experience on this one. When it comes to billed tropical caps, the LW have have the biggest range of possibilities that do not always look like they were made in a German factory at the time.

I am not saying your cap is good or bad but the Germans (LW) did have some of these caps made to order in Italy because they could never get enough billed examples to meet their needs.

I have seen a couple of interesting, non-text book examples that were brought back by New Zealand soldiers. On the other hand, given the money these can sell for, they have always been worth faking by those so inclined to do so.

Lets see what John or others like Willi think about it,

Chris
                Last edited by 90th Light; 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the very kind words Chris. I've seen this cap before, or another one exactly like it and my opinion is the same as that of Gustav and Gene. It's not a cap I'd feel comfortable owning. Sorry. That the backing of the eagle is the same fabric as the cap is usually not a good sign.

Regards to all,
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                    I do not like the whole thing...material,eagle,construction of the cap..all fake IMO
                    I agree Gustav. The entire cap is bad. You picked up some great M41 caps at the SOS. The best haul I have ever seen at a show!
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out and reply to this thread. As stated, I do not collect WW2 militaria and have been tasked with trying to sell my father's collection I have inherited.

Does this cap, as a reproduction, hold any value? While sad to hear it is not authentic, I have found out there are collectors out there who would still see value in such a cap as this, being that they can not / will not spend the money an authentic cap would go for.

Again, thanks to all for the help.

Comment

All the opinions expressed here are good enough for me. Into the fake files it goes. A reasonable effort that would make a nice filler until one is lucky enough to get the "real-deal"

Many thanks for the replies, Chris

Comment

....and now not one image available to see. Did anyone save them?
                          Regards,
                          Mark
                          NZ

Comment

Mark,
                            I did not remove the photos intentionally. It was done by accident when I placed them into my "REPRO" album online. I wasnt thinking and forgot it would break the links here.

For some reason I cannot edit my posts on this forum? I see no option to do so- or else I would update the links with the now-correct ones.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Gopherboy128; 03-08-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X