SA Kurpfalz Lagermutze..opinions pleazzze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Kurpfalz Lagermutze..opinions pleazzze

Opinions on this please...trapezoid Bevo..?...should this be machine sewn on the cap...other thoughts please...
    Many thanks..
    Pink
    Attached Files

Most that I've seen and owned have had the triangle hand stitched. To machine stitch it would require the lining to be removed and then replaced after the eagle was attached, which is a lot of work for an SA man (or his wife, girlfriend, or mother). Either that or it would have been sewn through the lining, which is not something often seen.
    When the caps were made they were without eagle, as until they were purchased it would not be known what SA Group each cap would be intended for.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Sounds good Erich...the owner said it was machine stitched, and I see hand stitching, so that makes sense from what you have said..do you see any problems with the bevo triangle...the swastika seems a bit ratty but would / could just be age..?

Comment

I have a similar cap - I'm pretty sure mine is "Emerald" color - "Steel Green" & "Emerald" are often difficult to differentiate. Don't forget.........after 1941, ALL SA buttons changed to silver, so an Emerald cap patch could designate either Sachsen or Nordmard, and a "Steel Green" patch could be either Kurpfalz or Nordsee. Pre 1941 caps would have either gold or silver buttons, same as their tunic. These are SA KEPI regulations, but i'm not entirely positive it applies to the Lagermutze as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Lagermutze

Interior shows cap was unissued. notice the front button. They likely used tunic buttons as well on these, but I like this type, which is shinier, and has a "spreader" device to hold it to cap. Notice how nice and flush it sits. Last pic is Lagermutze ready for battle!!
          Attached Files

Comment

SA lagermutze

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
            Interior shows cap was unissued. notice the front button. They likely used tunic buttons as well on these, but I like this type, which is shinier, and has a "spreader" device to hold it to cap. Notice how nice and flush it sits. Last pic is Lagermutze ready for battle!!
            Thank you sgstandard...notice the vent grommet color is also different...does that indicate anything...know it is important on Kepi's...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X