Bergmuetze police from General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergmuetze police from General

Bergmuetze police from General here is always the same general Bergmuetze what you think?
    Attached Files

zzzzx
    Attached Files

Comment

zzssszz
      Attached Files

Comment

EM eagle in gold colour , not the OFF thick quality "requested ?
        IMO a very good old repro...
        Nick

Comment

Historically speaking, what general would be authorized to wear an early style Bergmütze with the Edelweiss authorized with the war?

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
            Nick
            and what it would be for you to be an eagle general ?? show me one, and please tell me, why is repro, thanks, greetings

Comment

Here is an example of the pre-1936 style officer quality Police eagle that would perhaps suffice for a general. Notice the three dimensional quality of the eagle on the wreath.

The edelweiss was authorized for wear on police headgear several years after the introduction of the 1936 style eagle. It is not appropriate for wear on an early Bergmutze.

Comment

here is another picture of the hat and the eagle. you did not answer the second question, please note that this is a field cap regards sergio
                Attached Files

Comment

xdxdzs
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                    here is another picture of the hat and the eagle. you did not answer the second question, please note that this is a field cap regards sergio
                    Sergio

I did not answer the second question because I did not call it a repro. Ok? You did not answer my question either.

You call the cap a Bermütze in the title. Now it is a Feldmütze for a police general. I cannot examine the cap in hand to really say if a repro or original construction. But the insignia on the cap I do not like. The early style police eagle would not be used by the time the Feldmütze was adopted. The edelweiss for police was not applied to dark green cloth and was allowed only for certain units of the police. If the insignia is wrong in my opinion, then I believe the cap is not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                      Nick
                      Yes, very hold repro.
                      Uwe

Comment

I went to see me all the eagles of the police, mine is the most detailed, the Bergmutze should not be judged by 'eagle, but the , cloth and other things, the General was in command in the Austrian Tyrol, and had the right bring edelweiss with green cloth regards sergio

Comment

The eagle is detailed on this hat, but it is cantilevered (3d size for example), in general, the eagle of this Bergmutze is crushed and no manufacturer era.
                          Moreover Bergmutze is almost mint with un'edelweiss that should be added to a headdress with more years of service-wear.

.... this is my vision, this object no for me absolutely.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                            I went to see me all the eagles of the police, mine is the most detailed, the Bergmutze should not be judged by 'eagle, but the , cloth and other things, the General was in command in the Austrian Tyrol, and had the right bring edelweiss with green cloth regards sergio
                            Sergio, I am sorry but the language differences make it difficult to understand your statement. Your eagle is the most detailed? But the bergmuetze/Feldmuetze should not be judged if the eagle is not proper, but only by the body of the cap?

You write the general was in command of the Austrian Tirol? Do you know his name or is this the story you have? Before the Anschluss in 1938 or after? When you write "in command in the Austrian Tirol", of course you mean the rural police of the Landesgendarmerie Kommando Tirol? But this was commanded by an Oberst, not a general.

Comment

Yes is Joe correct, the level should be Oberst.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X