Heer M34 field cap for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M34 field cap for opinions please

Here is what purports to be an original M34 cap, a later version with an artificial silk lining. It is a small size 54. It is marked inside with an illegible maker stamping and a faint "F1942." It once had a soutache, which has been removed. The cockade is machine sewn, the eagle is rather crudely hand sewn. Is this in fact an original hat? Any comments on this would be welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Files

Is there any chance that this eagle application could be original? I have seen eagles attached this way but the contrast between this and the tight machine stitching of the cockade has me feeling doubtful. The second photo shows the faint traces of markings inside.
    Attached Files

Comment

Grommets. I can post more pictures if needed. I feel that this is an original hat but am not an expert in these by any means. Thanks for looking.
      Attached Files

Comment

Original side cap .
        The silk lining can already be observed in M42 jackets also...
        So one of the last M34 side caps made , with traces of a soutache on it .
        Nick

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. One thing that caught my attention on this cap was the grommets, they have a dark finish. My other Heer M34 caps have gray-green paint on the grommets. Is this an unusual variation?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X