ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM Visor bill embroidery gap - common sense ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Visor bill embroidery gap - common sense ?

Hello,

it read here on WAF several times that there should be no gap between the bill rim and the embroidery on KM junior visor bills.

But there are also examples posted here on WAF which gets thumbs up having a gap and comments stating that this is no sign of not beeing pre-45.

So what is the state of knowledge, accepted opinion on this topic ?

Thanks
    Christian
    Attached Files

Here is mine, with the gap, a nice salty one which also got thumbs-up from various collector's.

I don't think we can just divide them into two groups, one with and the ones without the gap.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
      Hello,

it read here on WAF several times that there should be no gap between the bill rim and the embroidery on KM junior visor bills.

But there are also examples posted here on WAF which gets thumbs up having a gap and comments stating that this is no sign of not beeing pre-45.

So what is the state of knowledge, accepted opinion on this topic ?

Thanks
      Christian
      Both examples you illustrate are fine and even with the very marginal gap existing on known originals. There are also Bundesmarine or post war examples with the very small gap too so as not to mix them up look under the visor for a corrugated texture and other traits

-Ray-

*** I'm certain you know that below is the unacceptable excessive gap likely indexed in the other threads you quote.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by -Ray-; 11-16-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ray, now I have got it! I can see clearly the difference between accepted and non-accepted.
        Christian

Comment

Rule of thumb simply applies to the full "scrambled eggs" variant as well FYI.

-Ray-
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X