No announcement yet.

SS EM Schirmmütze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree and how to know if it's period assembled or only recently ?
    A brand new cap is always "suspectful" for many people but it does exist
    and you can still find also WW1 caps still unused and brand new ?
    The best is to have it on hands and have the "feeling" for it !
    All the materials are period for sure and some details of sewing are really interesting ...
    Nothing to do with a recent chinese copy or an "old" german copy !
    Nick

Comment

cap

What you have is a clean SS NCO pattern cap circa1939 , it is correct from your pictures , copies made after the War where not that great, and they did not copy this pattern cap.

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your input!

Kind regards,
        Gerd V

Originally posted by jimt View Post
        What you have is a clean SS NCO pattern cap circa1939 , it is correct from your pictures , copies made after the War where not that great, and they did not copy this pattern cap.

Comment

so what was the overall assessment at the end of the day? Is this cap postwar?

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

After Jim T's assessment at the end of the day there was no one else to give an opinion. What is your opinion?

Kind regards,
            Gerd V

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
            so what was the overall assessment at the end of the day? Is this cap postwar?

William Kramer

Comment

Fro,m these pics i do not find all these problems. This s cap has a chance.

Comment

From my limited knowledge I'd say that IF that cap really IS a fake that with some honest re-enactor wear we are in big trouble.

Personally I like it ... but I'm no expert.

Ian.

Comment

nco ss peaked cap

What are the number stamps on the inside of the sweat band I see. Their could be a clue here. I think these numbers were discussed before? Regards Paul.

Comment

I have one from a different maker that is in this condition. So it is possible.
                    Here is the link from another forum. The visor in question near the bottom on last page.
                    Looks legit to me!
                    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-au...tzen-279420-2/
                    Last edited by sam1chlt; 10-26-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

If it is deemed as a splendid (early???) reproduction, I have no problem with that and will sell it priced as a repro.. I just need hear the forum's comments before doing that...

Kind regards,
                      Gerd V

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                      Fro,m these pics i do not find all these problems. This s cap has a chance.

Comment

Page 2 on my link below.

Comment

Sorry to be the spoiler here, but the hat has the triple serial #s on the sweatband. I have never seen these on a period cap, but they are common on postwar BRD & Austrian visors (as well as many fakes).

IMO, it is a very well-done post-war fake (and yes, it may very well be an early Alteste).
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks for all input. To avoid further doubts and confusion this one will go to the bazar section ....

Kind regards,
                            Gerd V

Comment

thanks stone mint for pointing this one out I thought i was the only one to point out the numbers, so my eyes did not decive me Paul.

Comment

I didn't notice the serial number stamps on the sweatband before so that's my bad.

I've seen quite a few pre 45 caps with post war SB's sewn on but usually that's because they've been beaten up and the original SB's have disintegrated.

That obviously is not the case with Gerd's cap.
                                Here's another made from the same trikot and calico fabrics which I believe are period German stock. The roll over SB's are similar too but this one has been aged.
                                I don't think they are Alteste but who knows for certain.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X