M19 feldmutze - Wehrmacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M19 feldmutze - Wehrmacht

This came from an old friend thats had it for over 30 years, Im the third owner. I've never seen a feldmutze like this with a leather sweatband, is anyone in this section familiar with these? Faint Reichswehr stamp inside the band, as well as a 1934 stamp.
    Last edited by mchap; 11-07-2014, 08:04 PM. Reason: No external links now.

The eagle is a know fake that's as far as I got lots of spam on that image hosting site so I bailed
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Photobucket doesnt contain malicious software, but you shouldn't need to navigate to their site since the photos are linked here.

Edit - no external links now. Photos uploaded to the thread.
      Last edited by mchap; 11-07-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Front
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mchap; 11-07-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

side views
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mchap; 11-07-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

hat rear
            kokarden close up
            Attached Files

Comment

inside sweatband
              Attached Files

Comment

Not much feedback...Im not sure what to make of it??

There are details of this cap I wasnt too excited about, but since the insignia is in question I need a bit more help concerning the "known fake" statement. Primarily so I can give my friend a heads up that a refund may be needed, if the hat is also junk.

This link was pretty helpful, in conjuction with the "crusher cap" thread. What Im not entirely clear on is if there are earlier variants of the bevo heer eagle? I havent yet seen period photos of M19 caps with Wehrmacht insignia, only the single b/w Prussian kockardes.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=367761

Attaching a better close up of the insignia... Im guessing its the lack of feather detail on the torso thats triggering the "fake" statement? Any additional insight would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

You can find the fake eagle at the beginning of this thread. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=344867

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Perfect, I appreciate the link Glenn. I opened the link and spotted the eagle immediately.

Lots of information to sift through on this site and I dont typically collect TR, so its nice to get a point in the right direction.
                    Last edited by mchap; 11-09-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X