Tropical Find!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Find!!

Sharing a new find with all. I have always enjoyed the forum and decided to share some of my finds.
    Attached Files

Welcome. I 'm sad to write sincerely but i don't have good news for you.

Comment

Please, go forward with your opinion

Comment

crap

Comment

That skull is a droopy eyed fake ....
          what other finds do you have you want to show ?
          Regards David

Comment

The cap is in the Heer style (not SS style) and fake skull added...weird buttons added....Sorry!

Comment

So the exterior of the cap ( mainly the skull ) is purportedly to be "fake".
              Lets look at the interior of the cap. Opinions?
              Attached Files

Comment

RBNr photographs in RBG modified and original

Comment

Again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Post it in the headgear section for more reviews or perhaps a moderator can move it?

Comment

Cap

They're not claiming the cap is a fake - it's just an Army style tropical cap, converted to an SS cap with a fake skull.

Comment

fake

This is a total fake cap, bad liner and eyelets just for starters
                        Mark S

Comment

Complete fake from start to finish - wrong construction, post-war grommets etc...I'm sorry.
                          Mark
                          NZ

Comment

Sorry, agree with the others, its a complete fake. Insignia, grommets, stamp all bad.

Comment

Then I need some to ask some questions, and trust me when I say this is in respect to others more knowledgeable.
                              In January of '45, The allies started bombing Berlin to the point of decimation.
                              A strong proud city reduced to a fireball and rubble. A city of 4 million inhabitants..
                              Typically once a populace starts to decline due to war, so does its military strength, raw materials etc. Example Japanese final products, confederate final products and so forth.
                              I have seen examples of bad quality later war products from every U.S. engagement. Would Germany not follow suit?
                              RBNr numbers were thought to be post war reproductions in the late 70's and 80's. Hence we know now more about RBNr numbering system of the Third Reich.
                              Most of What I see and read refers to Earlier pieces and it becomes the Norm.
                              I'm sure all of you understand my reasoning.
                              With that said,
                              What or Who has found the documents and regulations of the SS after say....1942?
                              Or is it what an earlier collector has said and made the standard?
                              Again this is in respect to all of us that have collected for years.
                              Here is what I know of the cap I have pictured... It has never been in anyones hands but mine and the family I received it from That was 28 years ago. Not one collector or dealer can say they have owned this piece. I was two years out of High school, I had been collecting since I was 11. As far as the grommets that are on it, I have seen real and fake, there seems to be more fakes than real. The linen on the interior, I have seen the same in others collections as originals. The stamping alone, Did we know of the RBNr system in the 1980's? To my knowledge, none of us had an idea what that was or how it worked, and how could someone know at the time that 0/0250/xxxx was what is today known as a Berlin manufacturer?
                              So some want to say it's crap, others, I know nothing of your experience in who and what your credentials are. I bought from George Peterson, Craig Carroll and Thomas Johnson not to mention the long task of learning from the best in collecting. Original pictures alone I study in detail. I have kept this cap under wraps since I've had it. Which still doesn't explain how the veterans family had it in the first place stashed in a foot locker since granddad came home.
                              With respect, teach me, show me or lead me in the direction of why the Bevo totenkomf is deemed a fake or for that reason why the hat is a fake or repro.
                              I anxiously await your responses. And from this thread and forum, they will be vast.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X