Luftwaffe M-41 Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
    Not one I'd feel good about owning, sorry.
    Not trying to hijack your pinned thread by any means, John. I'd appreciate if you replied to the discussion thread on this cap:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=696760

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
      Not trying to hijack your pinned thread by any means, John. I'd appreciate if you replied to the discussion thread on this cap:

http://wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/s...d.php?t=696760

William Kramer

No worries William, this is a discussion forum. My take the cap is similar to OSS, that this was not ever a Luftwaffe M-41. And while it may be period made, the twill is more similar to US fabric than period German IMHO. As often stated, field produced caps are a minefield.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

As requested, details of the field made cap.
        Attached Files
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

And another view of the cap.
          Attached Files
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Nice pics John thanks

Yeah I know a lot of swip swaping went on with early or even late tropical gear. The F.J. marked m-42 I have still has the original Heer eagle and was to be replaced with a luft one but never got the chance. Send me a Email Ill send ya some pics of this REALLY nice marked F.J. 2nd Reg. div cap I have. Rick

Comment

Another Officer's:
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice factory produced cap The fragile sweatband is still there so must be not much worn.
                  Gustav

Comment

Wonderful LW converted m40 cap, Harry. John, your image of the Ramcke NCO (with flies) prompts me to add my cap to this thread. Seen before, of course, the army eagle is still in place under there...
                    Regards,
                    Mark
                    NZ
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NZMark; 03-08-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Here another very nice field made cap - came with the photo of the owner and HG cufftitle.The sweatband is a pit helmet one,eagle also from the pit helmet.Very nice inscription inside.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here the photo of the owner with the very same cap
                        Attached Files

Comment

SOS pickup - beautiful field made and named M41 officers cap .I made some research of Major Koseck - Karl Koseck,promoted to Major on 1.1.42 and his unit was KdrI/ Flak - Rgt.5....but also founf Oberstleutnant Koseck who was a member of some LW flak unit arrived early in 1941 to Afrika,they were issued italian tropical uniforms instead of the continental ones....any more info of Major Koseck would be much appreciated
                          Attached Files

Comment

named inside
                            Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding and incredible Gustav, that both are hand marked inside is very special! Many thanks for sharing them on this thread, both elevate the quality of information here!

John
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Great examples Gustav, thanks for posting. I find it interesting that the tropical blouse shown in photo (on the left) in your post #45 also appears to be privately made.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X