panzer cap factory lot of 10 good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer cap factory lot of 10 good ?

just came across these if original great find but over priced what do you think ?
    http://militarycollectiblesinc.com/c...6e5166404a4cd9
    Attached Files

caps

A very expensive way to outfit two tank crews!

Comment

Yikes! $1250 a piece!

Comment

Originally posted by Yamamoto View Post
        Yikes! $1250 a piece!
        you may get one for half of that,this dealer has some realy nice item,but very expesiv

Comment

The caps are from the beehive cache. Hundreds of these were found in bundles years ago. Agree you can get these for about half to even a quarter of the asking price being offered on this site.

Also would be careful as many of the sidecaps on this site have had the soutache added post War. Such as the "Cav" Hans Brandt dated 1142, Nov '42 for only $3000 makes you sick inside

Comment

Tropical panzer sidecaps sell for over US $1000 these days. I am hard pressed to think when I last saw a tropical sidecap with a factory applied panzer soutache below US $1000. You might find some of the other factory applied soutache colours for less than US $1000 but not panzer.

In Europe, prices being asked seem to be are around Euro 1000 or more. Again some of the other soutache colours can be found at cheaper prices but not panzer pink.

Keep in mind,

1/ Original 101% tropical sidecaps with a factory soutache applied before May 1945 are getting harder to find. They are still out there but supply is starting to dry up. When they are gone then they are gone.

2/ Original 101% black woolen panzer sidecaps with a factory soutache applied before May 1945 now sell regularly for US $1750 to US $2750. In some cases even more.

US $1250 for a panzer tropical sidecap on its own is probably not too unreasonable. However, you will probably be hard pressed to find someone who wants ten tied together with a piece of string and is happy to pay US $12,500. Then again as the carsales guys say, "there is a buyer for every car you just have to find them"

Sadly this bundle will eventually be spilt up to sell unless a discounted price to keep it together is agreed. The sad thing, these "Beehive" bundles of caps are history that this current generation of collectors have seen and know but it is disappearing very quickly never to be repeated.

What a shame no-one took more photos of the Beehive find or documented what was found carefully and in detail,

Chris

p.s. what is the date on these caps in this bundle "Feb 41", "Dec 41" or what ???
            Last edited by 90th Light; 09-02-2014, 04:58 AM.

Comment

$1250 a piece for a beehive cap? Maybe considering that these are panzer without the post war added soutache. If this were a bundle of Carl Halfar's or Emil Schebeler's they would be gone before you knew it and farmed out at nearly twice the price if not more as they are amongst the few makers to produce caps that were actually issued and used in North Africa, particularly sidecaps.

Mark

Comment

Speaking from personel experience, $750 - 800us is around what the "beehive" Pz sidecaps sell for on the e-stand, and the other colored soutached caps for less....if you pay $1250 per cap you will find it hard to get that price when it comes time to sell them. My above post #5 was referring to the other beehive caps on the dealer site and the price vs the e-stand etc. Agree they are nice bundles and should be kept together, looks like Feb '41 too

p/s Chris, within the next 10 to 30 years many of the finest DAK collections in the world will be broken up and sold.
                Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 09-02-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

And there was a time when the beehive caps were selling for $2k but if you have a look at what dealers are asking you will see that $1250 is about average if not a little less for an original soutached example. Personally I'm not interested in adding one to the collection because they were never issued but try finding a sidecap that was actually issued/worn in North Africa.

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
                  $750 - 800us is around what the "beehive" Pz sidecaps sell for on the e-stand, and the other colored soutached caps for less....if you pay $1250 per cap you will find it hard to get that price when it comes time to sell them. My above post was referring to the other beehive caps on the dealer site and the price vs the e-stand etc. Agree they are nice bundles and should be kept together, looks like Feb '41 too

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                      And there was a time when the beehive caps were selling for $2k but if you have a look at what dealers are asking you will see that $1250 is about average if not a little less for an original soutached example. Personally I'm not interested in adding one to the collection because they were never issued but try finding a sidecap that was actually issued/worn in North Africa.
                      Agree the dealer's add about 30% more than the e-stand on average. Also agree a Halfar sidecap or any sidecap worn in Afrika would be swooped up in a minute

Comment

Well may be there have been Beehive panzer caps sold on the estand for US $700 to US $800. Sadly, I have never seen one but that means little.

It will be interesting to see if any suddenly turn up now, still in that price range.

I know dealers who are happy to buy any 101% Beehive soutached panzer sidecap at US $800 and seem to have no problem moving them off their sites for US $1200 to US $1600.

Will be interesting to see what the next panzer tropical sidecap on the estand is priced at

I would not be surprised to see US $1500 become the dealer norm price for given what is currently happening with the price of 101% black woolen soutached panzer caps.

One also needs to keep in mind that the tropical panzer sidecap was worn in Italy, Greece, Kreta and Russia as well as Afrika. However, anything actually worn in Afrika is the jewel in the crown for sure but Italy should not be ignored.

Personally, I love having a mint unissued example of a sidecap sitting beside a salty worn example so I can compare and contrast. A before and after comparison that I enjoy,

Chris
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 09-02-2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

A beehive Weissbach Pz sidecap that i once owned, has been sold thrice on the e-stand and once privately in the last few years. Each time for around $750. It sat around for months on sale before being sold as well... am referring to beehive caps, not caps worn in Afrika.

The beehive caps are great examples of original tropical caps and lots has been learned by studying them.
                          Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 09-02-2014, 06:28 AM.

Comment

This one recently sold for $725...The soutache appears to be the original sewing.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=751691

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Would confirm the $1500 tag for a minty Wagner trop Panzer....saw it at SOS.

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X