Erel Sonderfürher visor cap attic find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonC View Post
    The visor has been replaced, but I assume you knew that. I suspect the sweatband was removed to fit the "Stirndückfrei" material and then replaced as well. Still, a rare bird.

Don
    That's what I wanted to show. This cap comes out of the woodwork and hasn't been touched since the end or the war.

Comment

Yes, that may well be true, but it would be difficult to convince a potential buyer of that - that was my intent in pointing that out - it's not really "original" even if all the modifications can be proven to be wartime done.

Don

Comment

You are right Don, but in this case, I'm sure that the cap is in untouched condition since the end of the war. It has been found in an attic by a friend of mine. The old wife (90 years old) said that his husband picked it up at the end of the war. It's the true story. I'll not sell it for a better price for that reason. It's a quetion of honesty.

Originally posted by DonC View Post
        Yes, that may well be true, but it would be difficult to convince a potential buyer of that - that was my intent in pointing that out - it's not really "original" even if all the modifications can be proven to be wartime done.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by pieand View Post
          You are right Don, but in this case, I'm sure that the cap is in untouched condition since the end of the war. It has been found in an attic by a friend of mine. The old wife (90 years old) said that his husband picked it up at the end of the war. It's the true story. I'll not sell it for a better price for that reason. It's a quetion of honesty.

Don

Comment

FOR SALE ON THE E STAND

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6575347

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X