Panzer Officer's Visor Cap - Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Officer's Visor Cap - Opinions

Hi Guys, I found this panzer visor for sale and would value your opinions on authenticity and value. Im not entirely sure of the cap eagle, wreath and cockade?.....they look so shiny. Could just be the photo flash?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv289q71s...ujv2X6DW-sapta

Errol
    Last edited by wootars; 08-09-2014, 06:49 AM.

The cap looks to be a nice original. The wreath could very well be a replacement. It appears to be separated from the cap band. I see a gap between the wreath and the band. Also as you know it does not match the eagle very well.
    John

Comment

Thanks John, Yes there's quite a shadow happening between the wreath and the cap band. Well spotted.

By the way its up for $895. Hence the request for opinions.

Errol

Comment

Nice looking cap. Also the Eagle has been lowered as you can see the original holes just above the eagle.

Comment

I didn't notice,...Thanks!

I don't think the maker is that common either.

Comment

It's a nice original Panzer Officer cap but because of the points (eagle replaced a little lower etc.) is the cap not that perfect example, that's why the price plays a big roll.
            If you wanna sale the cap the potential byuers aks the same question as you now.

Cheers,
            steiner99

Comment

if you look carefully, it looks as though it has had the piping recolored. Look at the middle row of piping in the first pic...looks like you can see a little bit of white right where it meets the top material?

Comment

Thanks Steiner, I know what you are saying and I agree. Id much rather post an item im interested in to get the forum members opinions first. I value every ones opinions and it will help me decide if I go ahead and make a purchase.

Errol

Comment

Its hard to tell in these photos if theres white on the piping but you could be correct. Would they bother to recolor it?

Comment

A Panzer cap would command a higher price than a Infantry cap.
                    John

Comment

I agree John. Im looking for a good purchase of either at the moment.

Comment

Some very nice caps are often put on the e-stand for sale. I would pass on this cap if I were you. You can pickup a nice untouched original at a good price.
                        Regards,
                        John

Comment

I agree and have passed on it thanks John. I'll keep an eye out on e-stand.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Errol

Comment

You are very welcome Errol. Look through the many threads with the search feature on Army visor caps. You will learn quite a bit of information on how untouched original caps should look. I have many books on our hobby, but nothing has been more helpful to me than this forum. Many great people here that are always willing to help. Good luck on your search for the perfect cap for you.
                            Best regards,
                            John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X