heer chaplains visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heer chaplains visor

There is a crisp chaplains visor for sale at weitze. It has a bullion crucifix on it. There is an excellent thread here on the waf about chaplain visors and their insignia based upon period photos. The author of the thread said it is a quite uncommon configuration in period photos to see this combination of bullion crucifix with the metal eagle. It is very difficult to determine anymore what is or is not a period crucifix. Do you gents like this particular one? Thoughts on it being original to the cap?
    Attached Files

Two more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

If I recall right, that one has been sitting on his site for a while.
      Any Chappy visor needs to be subject to the same scrutiny as an SS visor--95% of them are fakes (and very good ones, at that).

As far as the bullion cross is concerned, it appears similar to the style Janke was using back in the 90s.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Piping doesn't look the correct violet shade.

Comment

Quite the time capsule visor there...

Don

Comment

Is it believed then that the waffenrobe is the correct color and the cap itself is real?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
              Piping doesn't look the correct violet shade.

My thoughts exactly........

Comment

I'm looking at this hat on two different computers at the same time and it looks like Medical to me.

I hoisted this pic from Don's Thread on a Chaplain's service tunic in the Heer Uniforms Forum to show what the correct farbe for Chaplains looks like.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've only held one true Chaplain's visor - it was in Dave Kane's collection before he passed away. The purple color is very, very distinct.

Don

Comment

nice Arzt visor Helmut has on offer

Comment

The colour of this violet piping is correct ? May be a bit dark but it has nothing to do with medical ?
                      The collar patch on the picture is totally not correct,i think regarding the
                      usual pictures colour problem ...it looks like more HQ Waffenfarbe actually !
                      Regarding the Janke cap badges they were in one piece and not like this one
                      at all !
                      I've had at least 3 chaplains caps on hand in my life and the piping was a lot closer to the Weitze one as to the collar patch .
                      Nick

Comment

Maybe Weitze is color blind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          Maybe Weitze is color blind.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                            Regarding the Janke cap badges they were in one piece and not like this one
                            at all !
                            IMO it's not a problem to separate the cross from the wreath?
                            Here you go a older thread: Click!

Comment

To separate the cross from the wreath , why not ?
                              But when i look carefully at the Janke cross , there's differences in the cross
                              proportions and embroidery ?
                              The cross could have been "restored" as well , sewn on , it's not embroidered directly on the cap ?
                              I've seen pictures of caps where you don't have a cross on it ? or missing ?
                              It's always more commercial to have a cross on that type of cap !

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X