Heer Officers M43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officers M43 cap

Hi, I am selling off some of my collection.
    If you are interested I have a fair to good Wehrmacht Officers cap for sale. No damage in good condition.
    $700 AUD
    Tulls
    Attached Files

Insignia

Close up of eagle
    Attached Files

Comment

Moving this one from E Stand for discussion.

An obvious fake hat/insignia.IMO

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Geez just awful fake

Comment

Yep total fake
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Re M43 cap

Hi all, very upset at all the comments. I was under the impression that the cap was 100% real. Please tell me what is wrong with it. It has been in my collection for years and this is the first time I have been told it is a fake.

How do i tell. I paid a lot on money for this cap and the tunic some years ago and hope not to get stung. It will hurt if that is the case on these items as I say I have had them for years and always thought they were the real deal.

It is and never was my intention to mislead.
            Tulls

Comment

This surely is bad news, but the comments are from the best guys on this subject. No doubt they are correct. J

Comment

If this is the pinnacle of his cloth collection I would hate to see the rest.

Comment

Oups !

Comment

I won't pretend to be anywhere close to an expert on M43 caps, but just one glance at the first photo screamed repro.
                    The cap does not look remotely to be 70 years old, the shape is not right, and the insignia is very poor.
                    Sorry that you got burned on this one; you HAVE to do your homework on items such as these. If it's worth any serious money, it WILL be faked.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

re cap.

Thanks to all those who took the time to respond to this thread on my M43 cap, again not a good outcome for me. Living in Australia does not offer much assistance when learning about these things, considering I started collecting about 15 years ago. Whilst I am now in a position to have better access to books and web forums like this, i can be a little better confident in what I buy.
                      Anyway, i would like to just quickly add that such comments from Andy were a little below the belt, we cannot all be rich or have the opertunity to purchase good produces.
                      Anyway, the cap is sold and the new owner is happy, that is all that matters.
                      Thanks guys, Tulls

Comment

Fake alright looks like it was made Yesterday, That Eagle is a Shocker !!

Comment

ouch.

Comment

Don't estand rules disallow selling fakes?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Tulls View Post
                              Thanks to all those who took the time to respond to this thread on my M43 cap, again not a good outcome for me. Living in Australia does not offer much assistance when learning about these things, considering I started collecting about 15 years ago. Whilst I am now in a position to have better access to books and web forums like this, i can be a little better confident in what I buy.
                              Anyway, i would like to just quickly add that such comments from Andy were a little below the belt, we cannot all be rich or have the opertunity to purchase good produces.
                              Anyway, the cap is sold and the new owner is happy, that is all that matters.
                              Thanks guys, Tulls
                              Ok lets start with maybe I shouldn't have quite put it that way, I apologize...And may I add you don't have to be rich to have authentic caps/visors in your collection, I am far from it!!
                              And one other thing, but the most important.... I sure hope that when you sold that cap you informed the buyer that is was indeed a post war piece??!!
                              And that's all that matters Tulls!!!!
                              Last edited by Andy C.; 08-06-2014, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X