No announcement yet.

New Pioneer Crusher Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My interpretation relates to the classic, medieval, context. Traditionally moleskin is a thick flannel like fabric with a fuzzy nap and got its name from the kind of velour like fur on a mole. Its utilitarian and likened to a poor mans velour. Doeskin has similar properties but neither have a visible weave. What you're showing, in the German context, is simply a ribbed twill which incorrectly got the wrong name in my opinion and I own reference books where it is incorrectly referred to as that. I'm not trying to be confrontational either so please feel free to call it what you want. I'm not a paying member here so I can't post pix.

Thank you Ray for your additional post!

Robt.

Comment

Point well taken and clarified. Thank you for an open mind.

-Ray-

Comment

What Ray posted is what I would call moleskin. I think it is incorrectly labeled but that seems to be the accepted term at this point and time. Either way badass cap and I think any of us would love to have it. First Crusher I have ever seen with this material. Matt

Comment

Congratulations to the new owner.

Another scarce militaria gem has departed Australia for a land where gems are already plentiful.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
            Congratulations to the new owner.

Another scarce militaria gem has departed Australia for a land where gems are already plentiful.

Mike
            Mike,

I wouldn't say the "gems" are all that plentiful in the US. Everyone has nice stuff that was brought back. Its the way it goes, stuff gets bought and sold and moved all over the world. Im honestly surprised that it even was sold outside of Australia as a lot of stuff seems to just stay there and circulate between collectors. I have sent plenty of "gems" from my tropical collection to Australia and they never seem to stay there too long. Matt

Comment

sure got me beat, thought mine was nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X