EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did all visor hat chin cords slide/adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did all visor hat chin cords slide/adjust?

I picked up an officer's visor hat chin cord that was in a box with some other TR items. It measures 12.75 inches in length. I can see the sliders are made out of some sort of metal. It is silver and in excellent condition. I will get some pictures posted soon. It does not adjust.....at least it does not appear to adjust in length. Were some chin cords designed this way or did they all adjust? I examined every part of it under a black-light and nothing glows.

Kevin

These were made in most cases to slide and be put under the chin to keep your hat from flying off your head in high wind situations....there may have been some that were ornamental, and did not adjust...but in most cases they do and are there as a functional part of most hats (although early on even hitler had some hats without one).
    We look forward to seeing the cord when you have time . Enlisted types are usually leather , and officers are bullion , sounds like yours is bullion...

Comment

I had a cord with metal interior stiffeners as I believe you describe. They were just crimped on rather tight and so I always thought they didn't slide, but carefully without forcing them too much they may actually be adjustable if need be?

-Ray-

Comment

Ray and juoneen,
        Thanks for the comments. Here are some pics. I am reluctant to try and pull too hard to see if they slide. I wonder if I can loosen up the sliders?
        Attached Files

Comment

more photos
          Attached Files

Comment

photo 3
            Attached Files

Comment

photo 4
              Attached Files

Comment

Any more opinions or comments after seeing pictures?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X