Luft M43 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft M43 help

Hello, I just wanted some help before I buy this m43 cap. First of all I just wanted to make sure it is an original Luftwaffe m43 cap. I was not sure on the color. I know the insignia is wrong since it is a breast eagle and not a cap eagle.

I have a LW trap I plan to put on this cap if I buy it, and I just want to make sure that it would be the correct insignia for the cap.

Thanks for your help.

The trap looks like the correct kind to use for that cap. Here is my other Luft summer weight cap with original applied insignia.
    Attached Files
    HC

Comment

Also see post #2 of this thread:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=summer+weight
      HC

Comment

thanks!

Comment

The eagle on the cap is a side cap eagle , not a breast eagle ?
          You can see many LW M43 caps with side cap type eagles ?
          Look carefully at the traces of the previous badges on it before restoring it ...
          nick

Comment

So the eagle that is on the cap now would also be correct?

Comment

I also just want to double check that the trap is original.

Comment

What do you guys think, would it be more historically accurate to keep the existing insignia on, or would the trap be better?

Comment

Trap is original , no problems .
                  The side cap eagle could be correct but had been added . Traces of it ?
                  nick

Comment

The trap that you show in post number 1 is not the type used by the maker of this particular example of M43.

Have a look at the eagle in the images of the trap shown in post numbers 2 & 3. That is the type of trap this maker used. When compared with the trap that you show in post number 1. A comparison of the eagles between the two traps show differences i.e. different shape of head, beak, body thickness of thread.

Basically the two eagles are different. The traps shown in post numbers 2 & 3 is the type always used by this maker of that type of M43.

If you are going to restore the trap then in my opinion it is worth finding the correct type of trap. Otherwise why spend the time changing it over to the wrong style (eagle) of trap,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X