X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$120K Robb? Me thinks not!

Robt.

Comment

Agree seller is just fishing, trying to get as much as possible, Nice cap though.

Comment

at 120,000 I will sell my killer factory produced no vent cap... pm me in that case. Matt

Comment

I would have said around $120000 too....perhaps a little more .

Comment

The cap looks to be a different color in several pictures; which is it in reality (natural lighting) the more greenish hue or the brownish one?

Comment

v.

Comment

1500 was the price quoted to me in the original email I got, I countered at 1400 which is only natural, who pays the asking price for anything? not trying to fan any flames here (if they exist) but reality is reality. I guess I was not the only one who was contacted regarding this piece, fine, its just stuff, I am not going to lose any sleep over this cap. I was very upfront with the seller about my intentions and my own pricing for it, I had hoped to make 200 or so on it to reinvest in my cloth, badges, etc. Lets not say though that a price was never quoted because it was. Get what you can for it, like I said in my email, its your item, sell it for the price you can live with,
                Peace,
                Eric
                Last edited by ValhallaMilitaria; 06-16-2014, 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                  VM, I guess by saying "reseller", you mean a picker?.....Yeah, chances are pretty good he was using you to get a feel for what he has....Now, he knows it's valuable and holding out for the last dollar.....It's a shame, but we all know that's often the way things go.....Bodes
                  Yep, thats exactly what is going on.
                  Oh well,
                  Many fish in the sea.

Comment

One well known dealer has a minty model 41 cap offered at 2300 on sale...no takers. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                      1500 was the price quoted to me in the original email I got, I countered at 1400 which is only natural, who pays the asking price for anything? not trying to fan any flames here (if they exist) but reality is reality. I guess I was not the only one who was contacted regarding this piece, fine, its just stuff, I am not going to lose any sleep over this cap. I was very upfront with the seller about my intentions and my own pricing for it, I had hoped to make 200 or so on it to reinvest in my cloth, badges, etc. Lets not say though that a price was never quoted because it was. Get what you can for it, like I said in my email, its your item, sell it for the price you can live with,
                      Peace,
                      Eric
                      Eric, I didn't intend for my post to offend you, (if it did), I just didn't think I actually set a price, only stated what I thought it was worth based on some other offers and wanted to see if there was any resale interest from you and at what price. Definitely my bad for being vague and unclear.

I honestly didn't know where to start with this cap, so I did email several consignors/websites that I found online. The range I got back was really all over the place, so it was hard to gauge the value, if I did decide to sell it.

Again, I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers here, so my apologies.

I did however want to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of and at the very least find an average selling price and then a collector that had an interest in the cap to sell it to. I do keep having second thoughts about selling it the more I learn the history on these, which actually started out simply thinking it was a US military cap that I took a very quick glance at after pulling it out of an old duffel bag. After looking at the patches a few hours later, I realized what it was.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded response, hopefully you can understand where I was coming from, and I am grateful for the time you took in corresponding with me through email and here and of course making a fair offer to me. Which I do still think was fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                        One well known dealer has a minty model 41 cap offered at 2300 on sale...no takers. FWIW.
                        Come on, Minty is boring! Look at this beauty; it's salty, worn, genuinely sun faded - not bleached, must have seen plenty of action from being issued likely around 1940 with a soutache, and staying in service with the soutache being removed a few years later as mandated. This cap has some serious character! But of course I'm just speculating and opining here...

Thanks,
                        GARWEIN

Comment

I understand completely. No harm no foul. You will have no trouble selling the cap as you can see from this thread. Just remember, no one here will pay dealer prices, we have the estand right here on this forum to avoid just such a thing.
                          Best of luck,
                          Eric

Comment

The ones listed on dealer sites are all second model caps. This is a first model as it lacks the sweat band, that makes this a much more desirable cap. Thus making it worth more to some collectors, others could care less. I hate when people play games like that and it makes me just walk away. I dont need anything so bad that I need to get into some crazy bidding war. Its just a old hat at the end of the day. Matt

Comment

Its on Estand for 2900:-

Comment

I just emailed the seller when it popped up on the Stand; then, I came across this thread. Such reminds of my law school "Contracts" exam; was the 'seller' inviting offers to sell the hat, OR, was it a bona fide offer?

I've had deals ruined because forum members were soured when I went all "Johnny Cochran" on them; BUT, if you make it clear you're accepting their "Offer to Sell" and tender at least some down payment, which not only shows them you're serious about buying the hat (and in doing so, you've tendered "consideration, which is a key element along with identifying the "thing" and agreed-upon "price"), you are in the driver's seat, legally speaking, to put an end to the fishing expeditions!

Concerning the hat at issue, where is the evidence of a soutache?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X