Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Korps M43 cap

Gentlemen,
    I have been offered this cap at 1500.00 by a reseller, it seems okay to me from what I can see in these photos but I would like some other opinions before proceeding with a deal, also, I think 1500 is a bit on the high side? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Files

Second set
    Attached Files

Comment

One more
      Attached Files

Comment

Good cap, even better price.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark-that was fast! so I should grab it?

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
            Thanks Mark-that was fast! so I should grab it?
            Grab it and hang onto it. It is worth it.

Mark

Comment

Looks to be an early one (40 or 41 ?) with a first model cockade and possibly a removed soutache.

I have seen them sell for over US $3000.

US $1500 would be a reasonable price for a later example with sweat band and RB number.

That is a good buy even if its a 1942 example,

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, I have sent an offer to meet to the seller, hope to get some of the other items that sold with this cap, dufflebag find stored at wars end by the vet.

Comment

Comment

Great bargain at $1500.....might be Schlesische Frankenstein...(?) going by its fabric, profile, and hand stitched insignia. Check the lining for any remaining inkstamp.

Robt.

Comment

Seller is now raising the price. I have not seen nor been offered the other items yet.

Comment

He is out there trying to field multiple bids. I have gotten into bidding wars with fellows on this forum over caps like this. Its a great first model cap, but I would draw the line around 2-2500. Its still worth that but I wouldn't pay anymore than that. Matt

Comment

VM, I guess by saying "reseller", you mean a picker?.....Yeah, chances are pretty good he was using you to get a feel for what he has....Now, he knows it's valuable and holding out for the last dollar.....It's a shame, but we all know that's often the way things go.....Bodes

Comment

Hi there...

Hi ValhallaMilitaria! & Other Forum Members!

I must be the seller you are referring to.

I just happened upon this forum yesterday, in an effort to gather more information on the cap. Just an FYI though, I don't know if I actually made any offers with a price to sellers, just sent some messages out to gauge the value and find some buyers/consignors. So technically I haven't raised the price on anything because I never set an asking price. . Just doing my due diligence and yes, trying to maximize my resale price. Should I be faulted for that though? Nah. No offense intended here of course, I'm guessing anyone else who found the cap would do the same.

Anyway, my original post introducing myself and the cap hasn't been approved by a moderator yet so I will post some additional pics here and maybe some of you experts can give me some advice on what to do with the cap and possibly offer some more information on it. Thank you much!

Comment

He's probably a member here and saw the prices being quoted , best bet next time is to pm someone . Nice cap I would have said $120000 easy . Rob
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X