Feuerwehr Feldmütze / dienstmütze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feuerwehr Feldmütze / dienstmütze

Saw this one on German Ebay , could it have change to be a war-time Feuerwehr cap ?
    I know these caps were manufactured and used post-war.....
    Cap is made of a nice dark blue wool , piped in Carmine ( wool ) and 2 aluminum pebbled buttons.
    Sweatshield is celluloid.....

Thanks !

Theo

Last edited by DRK; 06-09-2014, 08:54 AM.

Postwar West German in my opinion.

Ian.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

But I still feel that this one has a change because of the script used in the "Wert Siegel" logo on the celluloid sweat diamond.

The "Fraktur" script ( or "Schwabacher" script ) was used somewhere till 1941 - 1942 , after that date a new script was used. ( Wikipedia ).

There even was an order from Bormann from January '41 about this ....

The Fraktur or Schwabacher script came "back to life" very shortly in 1946 - 1947 and was only used for newspaper headlines.....

So I would like to ask if anyone has seen a (early) post-war cap / visor with a maker's mark and / or logo written in "Fraktur" or "Schwabacher" script ????

And why using a script , that was officially dropped 4 years before the war ended , in a post-war cap while a new and more "modern" script was introduced in east- and west Germany ???

Just a couple of questions that popped-up in my mind ....

Theo
      Last edited by DRK; 06-11-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, as a police collector not a cap expert, is that your cap is consistent with war time caps. That said , as you point out these were used just post war and it is impossible to say for sure. Volunteer firemen would not have a police acceptance stamp so no date. Yes, your cap has a chance of being war time, but again just my opinion. I like the makers label.

Regards,
        W. Unland

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X