M43 cap, fake or original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 cap, fake or original?

I have bought a m43 cap, it looks like someone have tryed to restaure it, the cap have had its liner torn off and because of that the sewing have come of in some places, but it has been resewed with a different thread than the rest of the cap, in all the cap actually looks a bit good, there are markings after wearing, moth holes, a damage thats been repaired with something that looks like the original german thread, there is also markins after a edelweiss or leaf on the left side of cap, hopefully someone can tell me if this cap is original or post war.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The question is not original or fake, but, what is this??????

Comment

That I am wondering about to, hopefully someone knowes, I have searched and read everywhere, but still I have no idea when this have been produced or where, but it`s a bit similar to the bergmutze.

Comment

Any opinion on this cap, the buttons are bakelite and the wool have tearing after use, it`s in rouff condition, but not totally destroyed.

Comment

Is it really german ? i know the bulgarian army had something similar ?
          The shape of the front part with the buttons and the shape in general
          are not german at all ?
          The colour seems to be more brown than fieldgrey ?
          nick

Comment

The swedish army had also "Bergmütze" and the small extra button hole in the front recall me that army...colour of cloth also !
            nick

Comment

Thank you both for the ansvers, the cap is very similar to the swedish, so I think I have found out where the cap was used.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X