X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good diplomatics hat?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/rare-nazi-di...-hat-548848522

worth the money?

Absolutely no chance in hell. Do you think they would be selling an original for that price?

Comment

probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Britian_Jacky View Post
        probably not
        I believe you can eliminate the word "probably." Given that one could not likely find the very cheapest TR era headgear for $ 160, an authentic all black diplomatic cap, if you could locate one, would be at least $ 8-10,000 or more, I would think.
        There are so few around that I cannot actually recall a recent price for a good example.

Bob Shoaf
        Last edited by Robert Shoaf; 05-02-2014, 11:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

w..t..f 8,000 - 10,000 who would be insane enough to pay that much. that amount puts your tv to shame

Comment

w..t..f 8,000 - 10,000 who would be insane enough to pay that much. that amount puts your tv to shame
            Original Diplomatic visors are not common and command a hefty price tag.

Also you won't find much original militaria on iOffer. I would stay clear of there also because of all of the scam artists.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
              Original Diplomatic visors are not common and command a hefty price tag.

Also you won't find much original militaria on iOffer. I would stay clear of there also because of all of the scam artists.
              What he said.....

Comment

You may want to visit a few militaria dealer websites; you'll gey an eyefull there!
                How's about a nice Luftwaffe general's cap for only $ 27,000?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Indeed! If $10,000 shocks you - this might be the wrong hobby.

Comment

well I'm only 16 and not getting payed much so yeah. 27,000 for a generals cap from the luftwaffe is defiantly something.

Comment

well I'm only 16 and not getting payed much so yeah. 27,000 for a generals cap from the luftwaffe is defiantly something.
                      Exactly, we can't be all ritch and lived the good golden times . . .

And I am very sure alot of people are scared to pay $ 10.000 for a sweaty visor cap.

The question is if you are crazy enough to pay that much for a cap.

Lets not get to funny here gents and don't forget young people are the future for this lovely hobby

Comment

well yeah. Im not crazy enough to pay for 1,000 let alone 10,000 or (my god) 27,000. I would just be mortified if it wasn't real. Thats why I'm not crazy because high price items you got to know with the knowledge that you have if its real or not. At 1 fair i saw a "napoleonic" lancers chapska or whatever its called for 8,000 british pounds. :0 thats not a good sign of a real.

Comment

You probably know more about this subject than I did when I was 16, so keep learning and absorbing all of the vast knowledge on collecting that is out there, free on the internet, and by acquiring good reference books over the years.
                          Sadly, but inevitably any collecting field where items have real value will attract the fakers , charlatans and thieves. Militaria has MORE than it's fair share of these scoundrels.
                          I've been collecting militaria for almost 40 years, and have enjoyed it immensely, even though I have had to sell items that I treasured from time to time. However,we after all, are only temporary custodians of these historical artifacts.
                          Good luck in your collecting, now, and in the future.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

thank you and i hope i don't end up with a massive collection of fakes which i can't sell and have to end up burning in fire. But yes i will use reference books for original items.

Comment

also would militaria fairs be a good place to buy original items?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X