Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

super regards sergio

Comment

I believe this is not a KM pith helmet.

It is an army dress pith helmet. Note the silver eagle. KM eagles were gold. Note the lining. It is the army style without the green dome and the corrogated spacer between the sweatband and the helmet body.

C. Pose equipment company did make KM pith helmets. They actually are the first company to recieve a contract for the M1940 Pith helmet. But they made both KM and army. This one is an army.

I showed an example of a C. Pose 1940 dated KM pith helmet in my book "Germany's combat helmets". If you have a copy of the book, you will see the difference in the interior.

I understand this helmet is for sale on the e-stand. It is a nice example and I would like to own it. But it is an army pith helmet and not a KM.

Comment

Hello Ken
              thanks for the informations, I was told by Andy about the different between
              KM helmet and army dress helmet.
              kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by Ken N View Post
                I believe this is not a KM pith helmet.

It is an army dress pith helmet. Note the silver eagle. KM eagles were gold. Note the lining. It is the army style without the green dome and the corrogated spacer between the sweatband and the helmet body.

C. Pose equipment company did make KM pith helmets. They actually are the first company to recieve a contract for the M1940 Pith helmet. But they made both KM and army. This one is an army.

I showed an example of a C. Pose 1940 dated KM pith helmet in my book "Germany's combat helmets". If you have a copy of the book, you will see the difference in the interior.

I understand this helmet is for sale on the e-stand. It is a nice example and I would like to own it. But it is an army pith helmet and not a KM.

I think it is a helmet of the administration of the Navy, is KM Eagle no army regards sergio

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                  I think it is a helmet of the administration of the Navy, is KM Eagle no army regards sergio
                  I quote Sergio, administration had silver eagle (most faked) this is original ,very rare ,I think first KM pit didin't have the grenn dome.IMO is a great administration original KM.
                  Carlo

Comment

.....found anonther pith helmet, now it is an KM helmet or not ???
                    Attached Files

Comment

two more
                      Attached Files

Comment

and the last two photos
                        Attached Files

Comment

It appears as the chinstrap on the second example is not original to this piece.

Comment

Would like to see the makers stamp ? Agree about the chinstrap.

Comment

it seams to be a rare helmet in case that nobody knows something about this helmet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X