The only HJ cap I kept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only HJ cap I kept

I brought many HJ hats and caps back from Germany when I was there in the mid-70s; however this is the only one I kept when I sold most of my stuff in the mid-80s. Some of them I wish I had kept, but a divorce was coming and I was getting ready to go back to Germany.

I got this early one morning at the Frankfurt fleamarket, when people were unpacking and getting their stuff out. My flashlight hit it, and I got it right away....almost scared the guy. I used to go while it was still dark when people were getting their tables set up.......that is when you got the better stuff.

I posted it before, but some may not have seen it. I still want to keep it, but I just wanted to see what you thought about the only HJ cap I kept.

Ron

I like it, and think that's a keeper.

Regards,
    kevin

Comment

VERY, VERY, NICE
      Cheers
      Wayne

Comment

I love this cap really!!
        You finally found it!

Comment

Such character!

Comment

I like it too--never saw one that early by Erel.
            I assume it does not have an RZM tag?
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What a absolutely superb piece

Comment

Thanks to all..............but tonight I proved myself to be a liar! I was doing some preliminary searching of storage boxes looking toward digging stuff out to try to see what might fit where. I found another HJ cap that I forgot I kept. No place to photograph it tonight though, but I may in a few days. I am pretty sure I don't have any more after it though. It is a Marine HJ blue top.

Ron

Comment

Wonderful, I'm looking forward to see it. Your HJ cap is a beautiful piece. Keep on digging in the old boxes - who knows what else you have forgotten about in recent years ...

Rgds

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Marine HJ View Post
                    Wonderful, I'm looking forward to see it. Your HJ cap is a beautiful piece. Keep on digging in the old boxes - who knows what else you have forgotten about in recent years ...

Rgds

Daniel
                    Daniel,

This is the best I can do for you right now. It is not a very good shot, and it is the only one I have until I can dig it out (whereever the fellows working here stuck it). It is a shot I took of it in 2007 before I packed it in a box to be packed away for some work to be done in the house. The HJ emblem is a pin on type and I don't remember what the markings inside were if any.

I am somewhat sure I will find some things I forgot about, if they haven't "walked away"........but I am pretty sure no more HJ hats.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X