Kriegsmarine Peaked Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Peaked Cap

I was wondering whether this one was originally a Bundesmarine cap or could it have been a Handelsmarine cap?

The sweatshield has the text "Windstarke" and shows the image of a freighter; I would say it is made of plastic (which has hardened over time) instead of cellulon.

The colour is quite dark, a very dark blue, more blackiesh then blueish.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A very post war hat there. Plastic shield, trim and waffled visor for a few.

-Ray-

Comment

Good Lord Mel! These hats you bought are not just bad, their ugly. Hope you can get your money back.

Comment

Yes, it is no problem to return them. It was part of the deal. As it was a pretty large collection of mainly uniforms I just did not have the time to look at all items individually. I packed everything up so I could look at it all more closely at home and make a selection there.

I have sorted out a bunch of items I am not comfortable with or am almost convinced they are not correct. It is always good to be able to show a supplier the WAF threads in which these items are discussed by advanced collectors, so that there is no discussion about the items and the supplier will not get the feeling that his items are talked bad to get a better price.

Comment

I agree, this one is a BRD Handelsmarine visor with added Soviet oakleaves.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X