X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, a good original one too....

Comment

IMO, a Frankenstein.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with my analysis of the hat, but Siegfried Taubert is an SS personality, and was the Burghauptmann der Schule Wewelsburg. I doubt he ever even held NCO rank in the SS.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by stonemint; 03-24-2014, 11:30 AM.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Furthermore, the sweatband has been hand sewn in an attempt to mimmic machine stitching, which is never a good sign...

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for all your comments. I'll tell my friend this cap has to many red flags to keep it.

Chris

Comment

Interesting but I'm not convinced. I wod not expose myself on this. I share concerns of Arran.

Comment

SS-Sturmscharfuhrer as a rank didn't exist before 1934

Comment

clean, looks good from here

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  IMO, a Frankenstein.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with my analysis of the hat, but Siegfried Taubert is an SS personality, and was the Burghauptmann der Schule Wewelsburg. I doubt he ever even held NCO rank in the SS.

I saw that too, and the alarm bells went off. Any time that a cap has the name tag typed, especially with the SS runes the red flags had better be blowing in your face. I'm sure it did happen but not as often as we see today. It is very common on the Latvian fakes. More than likely, it is one of your favorite SS gurus (insert your favorite high-end hero here) trying to gleen a few more bucks out of an original or completely trumped-up bogus cap.

Originally posted by ARRAN
                  Furthermore, the sweatband has been hand sewn in an attempt to mimic machine stitching, which is never a good sign...
                  Good eye! You may be right.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X