Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Feldherrenhaller Kepi

This arrived today from Ulrich of England. Sales description:

An SA kepi for sale. The SA Standarte 'Feldherrnhalle' kepi in beautiful tan brown wool gabardine with carmine colour band, the officer rank designated by the 3mm silver top cord, and 2mm intermediate silver cord. The kepi retains a fine quality silver-aluminium M1936 eagle/swastika, with silver button and brown 'split-centre' chinstrap. The SA kepi is lined with orange-coloured oilcloth [with full celluliod diamond] and brown-coloured leather sweatband. A brown-coloured linen RZM label is sewn behind the sweatband.

Condition report: The SA kepi is offered for sale in excellent, near mint condition, free from moth or damage.
    Note: The carmine-colour band was additionally worn by members of the Oberste-SA-Führung (SA Leadership Staff), however, the relatively low officer rank of this SA kepi implies is was used by a member of SA-Standarte 'Feldherrnhalle'.

It's mint, alright. Too mint? I mean - the leather sweat band and chinstrap are flawless. If it's 'good', I'm delighted. But it seems a little too good...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

More"..............
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is the deadcoldstonemintiest Kepi I have ever seen.
            Can you take a pic with the chinstrap pulled up? I want to see the piping attachment at the visor.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here you go....
              Attached Files

Comment

And here, where the piping comes through from the front of the visor...
                Attached Files

Comment

An outstanding, perfect original!

Comment

The piping clinches it for me--I agree with Arran--you scored a killer piece....
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Fabulous example! One thing to keep in mind--while the FHH wore a kepi with crimson band, so did personnel of the Reichsführerschule, Reichsnachrichtenschule, other Reichsschulen, Reichsautozug Deutschland, and the staff of the OSAF.
                      Outstanding kepi!!!
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Phew! Thanks to everyone who cast a critical eye over this piece.

Comment

Wow, that really is a amazing piece. Congrats, Johnno.

Comment

Comment

So far, so good! Here's the cap together with the FHH dagger. They look good together.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X