X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lw trop m41 cap : Help ?

Hello dear Gents ,
    opinion or help is here needed .
    could this one be legit ( have only these two pics)?

inside markings :

Here are two other unvented ones to compare :

Comment

the secund is if I remember well from a waf member :
      very nice is the gruenmeliert smock eagle on front

inside

Comment

This cap has an rbn# but is dated July '42 ?

Comment

NO OTHER HELP ??? COME ON GUYS

THE SAME MANUFACTURER DID STILL EXIST UNTIL END OF WAR :

Comment

See if you can get Willi or John H or Gene to take a look ? Go to guys for LW headgear.

Comment

Roger, more photos are needed. Would like to see the insignia. So far I am not fond of the markings.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I don't like the cap Roger, the second posted for reference is a field made example. Hope this helps.

Comment

Roger, my opinion echos Willi's, Tim's, and Michael's. Please do post photos of the insignia when you can.

As Tim stated, a 42 dated cap should have a maker's mark, not an RB number. In late 42 some manufacturers used codes, but these were not standard RB codes.

A factory produced cap would most likely have vents.
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

many thanks , Gents , for your advises .
                    this cap remains really one of the rarest .
                    the eagle is reapplied and does not value the cap ... so no reason for
                    me to insist .

Indeed the date of markings was also strange to me ....do we know the
                    earliest date when appeared the RBNr ?

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
                      many thanks , Gents , for your advises .
                      this cap remains really one of the rarest .
                      the eagle is reapplied and does not value the cap ... so no reason for
                      me to insist .

Indeed the date of markings was also strange to me ....do we know the
                      earliest date when appeared the RBNr ?
                      Let me say first, I agree fully with the decision about the LW billed tropical cap you have posted. Based on those images it looks to be a reproduction designed to try and fool.

However, there could be 1942 dated caps with only an RB number rather than a maker name/ address. Here is one that we suspect is a LAGO made WH cap that we could not fault.

No one had seen this maker before. The cap is unissued and 101% correct in every way
                      Attached Files

Comment

Images of the always important grommets from the WH 1942 dated RB numbered cap.

This is a rare maker and marking,

Chris
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Chris

This cap you posted is a bit of a missing link. Dated Dec '42 with an rbn# does not surprise me too much. Some of the the Hans Brandt tropical sidecaps are dated Jan '43 with the rbn# instead of the makers name. Nice cap, can you show the rest of it

Agree the threadstarter does not look good but did not want to give advice, as am not well versed on LW caps....

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
                            Chris

This cap you posted is a bit of a missing link. Dated Dec '42 with an rbn# does not surprise me too much. Some of the the Hans Brandt tropical sidecaps are dated Jan '43 with the rbn# instead of the makers name. Nice cap, can you show the rest of it

Agree the threadstarter does not look good but did not want to give advice, as am not well versed on LW caps....
                            Hello Tim,

LAGO's often put their specific identity from the list as a small number in the middle or side of a stamp. Sometimes these are found in a box and sometime not.

I can not recall seeing the month of manufacture done like this. The month is usually written as "3/42" or "MRZ/ 42" for example.

Would be interested to know what other have seen but the small "12 in the box" that I posted in post number 11 looks to be a LAGO identity number to my eye,

Chris
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 90th Light; 03-21-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

Wondered about that too. So that puts this cap possibly even earlier than Dec '42 with an rbn#.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X