LW M43 Bergmutze - Genuine !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW M43 Bergmutze - Genuine !

Bought a Luftwaffe convolute, one of the pieces is this, what I take to be a Luftwaffe single button M43 Cap. I don't see any traces of there being any insignia at the front, no side vent holes and no ink stamp on the inside, not many single button caps to compare it with, not sure its genuine, any information from members would be welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't see any red flags and it appears to have an area where insignia was once sewn.

Some, may disagree, but I have not seen why this style cap is considered a "bergmutze". Although larger sizes are encountered, most are small and are often associated with Helferin.

Here is a thread on a cap I used to own. If you notice, it has a partial sweatband. I would more agree that's closer to the bergmutze.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=373526
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

M43

Has a typical 'Berg' style visor, no stitching under the visor and excess material is folded under the bottom of the visor, instead of that tell tale rib that is on top of the visor. I think it's good, and there is a 'shadow' of insignia on the front. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Jeff, Stug lll,
          Thanks for the posts, link and comments. Judging what I could find on the net, these type of caps don't often show up. Not much on WAF either, some match mine, others are variants. Useful tip of Stug's concerning the stitching under the visor. Jeff's suggestion associating the cap with a Helferin, may not be so far off the mark. The Luftwaffe convolute I mentioned in the first post came from a Luftwaffe Kradmelder. Again thanks for the help. If anyone else has information please come in.

Comment

A point of interest - what price could one ask for such a cap, without any insignia? any information welcome.

Comment

I should have posted these three extra photos in my first post, of the cap opened up - shows some crude stitching at the front
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X