NSKK overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK overseas cap

Here's another cap from my collection I would like to share.....
    It's an overseas cap for a NSKK Scharführer of the district Franken ( "Gruppe Franken" ).
    Cap has 2 RZM marked NSKK buttons at the front , a yellow BeVo woven NSKK cap eagle at the cap's left side, one rank pip and a RZM label sewn inside the cap.
    Here are some pictures......

Theo

Beautiful one Theo, congrats

Comment

Correction : it should be an Unterscharführer's cap , not a Scharführer
      I was typing too fast

Comment

Originally posted by DRK View Post
        Correction : it should be an Unterscharführer's cap , not a Scharführer
        I was typing too fast
        How dare you make such a mistake?!

Superb cap - perfect for your collection

Comment

Nice cap Theo,

According to the introduction-order, as published in the Verordnungsblatt der Korpsführung (NSKK), issue 3 from March 15, 1939 - where on page 21 with number 51 - the new ranking insignia was announced and a plate was included, the rank is Scharführer (one pip). The rank Unterscharführer, as you mention, was not included at all with the total of 17 drawings.

The rank Unterscharführer was neither included in the Organisationsbuch (issues 1938, 1940 and 1943). The NSKK was not as the SS.

The color was also in use by Schlesien. The cap, according to the ink-stamp 2, was made by Adalbert Breiter from Munich.
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 02-25-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Wim ,

Thank you for the heads-up
            I should have known myself
            Sometimes , my brains are overloaded with info regarding the hobby

Theo

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
            Nice cap Theo,

According to the introduction-order, as published in the Verordnungsblatt der Korpsführung (NSKK), issue 3 from March 15, 1939 - where on page 21 with number 51 - the new ranking insignia was announced and a plate was included, the rank is Scharführer (one pip). The rank Unterscharführer, as you mention, was not included at all with the total of 17 drawings.

The rank Unterscharführer was neither included in the Organisationsbuch (issues 1938, 1940 and 1943). The NSKK was not as the SS.

Comment

No problem Theo. We all make mistakes.

And yes, there can be an overload of information in the brain. I notice this
              very often after over 40 years interested in TR regulations about uniforms and insignia.

By the way: the full ranking-system for the NSKK field-cap is explained in volume 4 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" from Bender Publishing. The mentioned drawings and others about how to position the ranking-system, are shown there!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                No problem Theo. We all make mistakes.

And yes, there can be an overload of information in the brain. I notice this
                very often after over 40 years interested in TR regulations about uniforms and insignia.

By the way: the full ranking-system for the NSKK field-cap is explained in volume 4 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" from Bender Publishing. The mentioned drawings and others about how to position the ranking-system, are shown there!
                Yes.... I have all 5 volumes standing on my desk in front of me......

Comment

Perfect cap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X