• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generals M43 on Estand

What is the thoughts on this??
    I have my doubts..

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=723488

Hi

This one is a verry nice one, by a Cutter.

If someone needs more picturs it is no problem for me to do some more!

This one must be erlyer than 1943, this caps first time is at Reichswehr in Weirarerrepublik.
    So the only thing they have common is that the M43 is in looking of the Reichswehr spezial Bergmütze of Gebirgsjäger.

Comment

Honestly I just expressed my strong doubts to the seller myself and he pointed me towards this thread.

IMO not a genuine WW2 cap (leather sweatband, grommets, overal look).

F.

Comment

What is in your opinion not Peroid WW2 at the lether?

Some times ago i hade a officers M43 with same lether and the came direkt from privat and is untuched, but i had´nt some picturs from.

now some pic´s of the lether from thee Generals and one from HJ-Cruschers lether it is looks like a bit like from Generals:
        Attached Files

Comment

What are grommets ?
          Attached Files

Comment

The fact is, that indeed with a private purchase cap -which a General officer's cap would be- a lot is possible. But this not neccesarily makes it right.
            I do not like the construction of this full leather sweatband (although seen in period M43 caps, I would prefered to have seen a half leather sweatband); the grommets (=ventilation eyelets) are typical of those often seen used post war. But again, a lot of threads cover these, and we have possibly not seen them all.
            Still, these points combined with the overall pristine look of the cap, buttons etc would pause me to purchase it and be very careful to spend that amount of money.

Herewith a cap that I do like in order to back up my opinion.
            Attached Files

Comment

Jes som Points are right, but Generels are in Officers rank and the are lett produce ther Uniforms at Cutters, so it can be lots of possibil.
              The buttens are like RZM buttens, so if the cutter hav no other? why not.....
              You often find in Sidecaps (most at Luftwaffe) complet lether, olthoug sometims in "Bergmütze" for Gebirgsjäger, so for me no reasen whi it is no wartimecap.

This Cap is in qulity produced so not a cheap on orderd by a "Bekleidungsamt" of Wehrmacht.

So each Generals are diferent to other wile produced by Cutters!

One point wich speak for this cap is the fresh gren IMO betwin 1936-1939 Trapez.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X