red cross general officers visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red cross general officers visors

I looked through the forum for a good thread showing a genuine red cross generals cap. I could not locate any examples. There are two generals caps for sale online. One is at relics of the reich and the other at oakleaf. Exactly how rare are these caps? Both are priced at a fraction of a nice heer genrals caps. One is 3k. The other 4k. Are DRK generals caps a minefield or can they be purchased with relative confidence. Thanks.

Additionally, I saw a social welfare officers visor for sale. It was a bit different configuration than a standard DRK officer. Was there such thing as a social welfare generals cap?

Comment

There wasn't even a social welfare uniform.. so why a cap?

Comment

Originally posted by albertcher View Post
        There wasn't even a social welfare uniform.. so why a cap?
        That's true.....

Sometimes dealers make their own regulations regarding visors / uniforms

And I wouldn't burn my hands on both the General's visors you mentioned.....

Comment

I had a look at both caps now... i guess there are better ways to waste 3 or 4k... pretty ladies e.g.

Both show details that do not convince: silver oakleaf-wreath, 1st pattern eagle... the oakleaf-wreath of any organization BUT DRK on the other one.

If you like the DRK-design... buy one of the many really pretty EM or officers caps out there! The EM-visor offered by relics of the Reich for example looks great. I think also germanmilitaria is offering a nice officers cap... Theo (DRK) may know some other good ones.

Comment

Here is the cap claimed to be social welfare. http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/119h12.html

Comment

This is just a variation in color , the cap band is of a very dark grey cloth....
              I've had ( and some of them I still have ..) many DRK officer's visor in my collection and they all are somewhat different in color....
              The chincord with the dark grey flecks is not the right one......
              According to regulations the DRK used 4 types of chin cords for officers....

- The ( early ) heavy silvered chin cord ( on 1st. pattern visors )
              - The ( early ) aluminum cord with red segments ( only on 1st. pattern visors )
              - The "standard" aluminum chin cord
              - And the gold chin cord for generals of the DRK

I've seen many DRK officers visors "pimped" with all kinds of colored cords and buttons , just to make some serious cash when selling them

The officers visor at Oakleaf is a nice Original DRK officers visor , not a German Wellfare Visor......
              Replace the wrong chin cord and you have a nice Original visor
              And the wreath is a standard Wehrmacht Heer Army wreath but that was commonly seen on DRK visors , not a real big issue but I like a DRK visor with a DRK wreath ......

Here's an example from my collection :

Last edited by DRK; 02-16-2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Nice visor. Have you seen an original generals visor recently? I imagine they would tend to be very very rare to find original.

Comment

Just so I understand the generals cap on oakleaf is reproduction?

Comment

I have yet to see what I consider to be a genuine DRK Genl visor in 35+ years of collecting.

Simply put, there weren't that many DRK generals.
                    Even pics of them are hard to find:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by ccnrecon View Post
                      Just so I understand the generals cap on oakleaf is reproduction?
                      The DRK general visor at oakleaf is made of 1 color grey..... the top , the cap band and the lower edge , they are all the same color.

The war-time DRK regulation I have prescribes a medium grey top and a dark grey or charcoal grey cap band with a gold piping...... clearly vissible on Stonemint's picture.....

Theo

Comment

Excellent thread!! I saw a nice red cross m43 cap yesterday. Very nice item and no doubt very scarce.

Comment

DRK Visor

Speaking of variations with DRK visors, here is a visor from my collection, I find it interesting that instead of the cross it has army insignia.

IMG_0348[1].jpg

IMG_0347[1].jpg

Comment

Hi , thanks for posting your visor
                            I have seen a war-time photograph of a DRK officer wearing a visor with an army Heer cap eagle..... can't remember where but I will see if I can find that photograph.....
                            Nice visor ! can you post an interior shot please ?

Theo

Comment

I really like its shape, its near mint, apart from some moth nips on the band,

image.jpg

Originally posted by DRK View Post
                              Hi , thanks for posting your visor
                              I have seen a war-time photograph of a DRK officer wearing a visor with an army Heer cap eagle..... can't remember where but I will see if I can find that photograph.....
                              Nice visor ! can you post an interior shot please ?

Theo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X