For the civil visor geeks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the civil visor geeks....

After doing some research regarding early Zoll ( customs ) visors I noticed that the early Zoll visors had a somewhat different pattern state eagle....

I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything related to the Zoll state eagle variant.......

So I'm asking my fellow civil / political headgear collectors : Are you aware of this variant state eagle ????
    I'm into third reich headgear a long time but I didn't noticed this before

When looking in the Assmann catalogue , they mention the small ( 45 mm ) state eagle with number 24308 , the large ( 55 mm ) state eagle with number 24866 , the small reichsbahn cap eagle with number 24840 BUT there's also another state eagle with a different number.... 24847 , Assmann is referring this as a Zollbeamte cap eagle.....

Looking closely , there's a small difference...... the "normal" state eagle has a round wing-tip , the Zoll variant has a sharp wing - tip......
    The feathers of the Zoll eagle are also somewhat different.

Theo

Here's a much better comparison.... first is the normal state eagle with round wing-tip , second is the Zoll state eagle variant.... see the difference
    (picture credit Mr. Weitze)

Last edited by DRK; 02-13-2014, 04:24 PM.

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X