No announcement yet.

E-Stand Pith Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just for the fun this time, now that I master this "off forum" painful way of posting pics : picture courtesy of Jerry once again , posted in another pith-related thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
      With pleasure. Picture courtesy of Jerry ("Bond" on the forum), already posted too in an "italian-reissues-piths-related" thread in this forum.

Great stuff Chris

This is a Italian Herr example not KM. & looks to be badged with German Insignia. Andy is looking for a photo of an Italian Pith with those funny KM shields in use ?

Anyone know when those shields were first produced ?

The last photo is one of my fav's showing all those different sunhelmets, but again no Italian KM examples...still great photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
        & looks to be badged with German Insignia.

Anyway.

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
        This is a Italian Herr example not KM.
        Tim, good eye on this reversed shield, and sorry the picture was that unsatisfactory : indeed, I must have misinterpreted Andy's request. Sorry too that my last post above may have put this thread a bit out of its tracks.

Actually, the main purpose of this thread was to discuss the italian reissue KM pith offered on the E-Stand. And mine was essentially : firstly to reshape slightly some remarks that could suggest that the discussed helmet was nothing but a deceiving post-war put together item, wearing odd, non KM-specific markings, together with doubtful "funny KM shields" of different thicknesses. And secondly, to give a more nuanced opinion about the possible post-war replacement of the sweatband inside the helmet.

Seems to me that I was long enough by now - and by far - in trying to accomplish this task...

Last edited by Edelweiss; 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
          Tim, good eye on this reversed shield, and sorry the picture was that unsatisfactory : indeed, I must have misinterpreted Andy's request. Sorry too that my last post above may have put this thread a bit out of its tracks.

Actually, the main purpose of this thread was to discuss the italian reissue KM pith offered on the E-Stand. And mine was essentially : firstly to reshape slightly some remarks that could suggest that the discussed helmet was nothing but a deceiving post-war put together item, wearing odd, non KM-specific markings, together with doubtful "funny KM shields" of different thicknesses. And secondly, to give a more nuanced opinion about the possible post-war replacement of the sweatband inside the helmet.

Seems to me that I was long enough by now - and by far - in accomplishing this task...
          Far from unsatisfactory, have learned alot from you just like in the past I was wrong on this one.... just maybe those shields ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X