M43 Italian cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excelsior View Post
    Hi, can you show a pic of one of these copies you have seen? Unfortunately I cannot look under the stripe. Can't get better pics than these.

Regards

Unfortunately I have not. The cap I have seen and suspect that was copy , was listed for sale at on the dutch less known dealers site ( but have been withdrawn later ). If I rember correctly it had cotton lining instead of artficial silk.
    But still it is quite strange for me that someone covered the RB Nr. But it is as Ardito wrote, but than all RB Nr and postwar used items should have this kind of cover up ( well f it comes from czech or russian film studio than I would belive in this kind "modification" as already seen something like that ).

Comment

Originally posted by ARDITO View Post
      I have one identically, I bought it in the nineties, he came out of a small lot, from eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall, I was told that the codes RbNr have been deleted in the postwar period, because these hats were stored for later use.
      They are original, if you feel with your fingers on the edge of the cap, you will notice the presence of the band sweating, sewn inside the cap.
      Ciao, Luca.
      if they were stored for later used than why this cap, seem to, still have original applied insignia on it ? They would be definately removed after war and this still have it intact (if it was a film studio or theather property than that could explain that it is intact but than it should have some kind of property number or at least studio/theather stamp ).

Ardito pointed a very good indicator or originallity ; please check if there is stiffner under the artificial silk liner at the edges of cap ( should be if cap is original ).

Comment

Ok, just spotted, after close looking on photos, that insignia are replaced , so now I think that Ardito may have right saying that this could be stored for later use ( if so I suspect that this could came from Czech republic as they have stored original wartime equipment in army magazines till early 90thies ).

Anyway ; could please check, as Ardito pointed, if there is some kind of stiffener under artficial silk liner ( feel with your finger if it is there - should be on the edge till 1/3 hight of cap )?

Comment

M43

You can feel there is a stiffener all along the headband. I would say about 2 cm's in height. I tried to photograph these. Stiffener is running all along the headband, even on the front side. See accompanying pics. One with and one without flash.

More opinions welcome!

Regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, than it seems to be good one ( fakes mostly don't have this stiffner ). But lets wait for other opinions.

Comment

Other opinions about the insignia? Factory sewn or reapplied?
              Why, only look it, could be reapplied?
              Regards
              Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                Ok, than it seems to be good one ( fakes mostly don't have this stiffner ). But lets wait for other opinions.
                They have been using that material under the liners of fake caps for many years
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Lenny is right, of course, but I see no red flags on this cap in terms of materials or construction.

Any M43 anymore is suspect, and I've seen good original examples dismissed recently for no better reason that someone has a bad feeling about it. In this case, the cap looks fine IMO.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                    They have been using that material under the liners of fake caps for many years
                    How do you feel about this cap?

William Kramer
                    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                      How do you feel about this cap?

William Kramer
                      Sadly William I do not like the cap at all
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                        Sadly William I do not like the cap at all
                        thank you for your opinion!

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X