M43 Italian cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Italian cloth?

I have some doubts about this M43 in Italian cloth? Would like to hear your opinions on this one. Insignia appears originally mounted, but maker has been wiped out. Perhaps someone has seen this maker before? Also has anyone seen this cloth before? No reinforcement on the borders of the flaps.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

M43

Pics 3 and 4
    Attached Files

Comment

M43

Pics 5 and 6
      Attached Files

Comment

M43

Pics 7 and 8
        Attached Files

Comment

M43

Pics 9 and 10
          Attached Files

Comment

M43

Pics 11 and 12
            Attached Files

Comment

It looks correctly made and from the right materials - I like it. What is the date? Should be pretty late, but I can't read it.

regards, Robert

Comment

M43 Italian cloth

Indeed hard to read, but reads like '1944'. Made of late war 'Beutestoff'?

Thanks!

Comment

That's about right on the year for these nice M43's produced from the Italian material. I only have one of them, and really like their form.

regards, Robert

Comment

What about this black stripe ? It looks like somebody was trying to hide something ( RB Nr ).

Comment

M43 gabardine

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                      What about this black stripe ? It looks like somebody was trying to hide something ( RB Nr ).
                      It is very very hard to read, but indeed underneath appears to have an RbNR ending with ...34.

Whatever the reason to cover, I don't know. What I do know is that these caps are rare as hen's teeth and have been well copied (HSC....). I tried to find examples of these copies, but couldn't find one.

Any other opinions?

Regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

The black stripe would not concern me. An RBN number in an Army cap is fine, and if it was inked out then it was done at about the same time as the size stamping, given the fading.

I like it. Some won't, for sure - M43's are scary these days and posting them is a great way to get a gut full of negative comments. But there is nothing wrong with this fine cap.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Excelsior View Post
                          It is very very hard to read, but indeed underneath appears to have an RbNR ending with ...34.

Whatever the reason to cover, I don't know. What I do know is that these caps are rare as hen's teeth and have been well copied (HSC....). I tried to find examples of these copies, but couldn't find one.

Any other opinions?

Regards
                          Well, I think I have seen one of those fake m43 gabardine caps ; it had a very strange RB Nr - it was starting with normal 0 than 3 digits and than 4 digits. It was like your 1944 dated.

Please check if the under the stripe which cover RB Nr there is the same type as described above or normal with 0, four digits and four digits.

Normaly, the most faked gabardine caps are those with SS insignia.

Comment

M43 gabardine cap

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
                            Well, I think I have seen one of those fake m43 gabardine caps ; it had a very strange RB Nr - it was starting with normal 0 than 3 digits and than 4 digits. It was like your 1944 dated.

Please check if the under the stripe which cover RB Nr there is the same type as described above or normal with 0, four digits and four digits.

Normaly, the most faked gabardine caps are those with SS insignia.
                            Hi, can you show a pic of one of these copies you have seen? Unfortunately I cannot look under the stripe. Can't get better pics than these.

Regards

Comment

I have one identically, I bought it in the nineties, he came out of a small lot, from eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall, I was told that the codes RbNr have been deleted in the postwar period, because these hats were stored for later use.
                              They are original, if you feel with your fingers on the edge of the cap, you will notice the presence of the band sweating, sewn inside the cap.
                              Ciao, Luca.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X