No announcement yet.

DAK M43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison of the eagles and how they have been sewn on the cap.

This is an interesting tropical cap eagle which is sometimes mistaken as a reproduction type because of a couple of features.

However, these two are "the real deal" beyond doubt

Patrick, would it be possible for you to post a larger face-on image of the tropical cockade on your cap ?

Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 90th Light; 01-10-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris

What a nice cap, thanks for posting the comparison shots. There must be more by this maker out there somewhere although I could find no reference to the RB Nr on forums or google.

Here are some closeups of the insignia
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
        I can go one better and say with 101% confidence that this cap is 101%. The eagle is 101% correct for that maker and 101% original to the cap.

Here are a couple of images of my New Zealand veteran brought back example.

My cap is heavily worn, so worn that it has extensive period field repairs. In fact, the highest number of repairs that I have ever seen on a tropical M40. At some stage I will start a seperate thread about it and post more images for all to see what I mean.

To date, the cap which started this thread is the only other example by this maker that I have seen. They might have been one of the smaller manufacturers of tropical M40 caps ???

Funny thing, when I got it, the seller swore black and blue that it was an "M43" because that was stamped inside ,

Chris
        I have several caps by this maker
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=384994

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=305842
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanks Lenny,

very interesting. I had meant that I had not seen another billed tropical M40 by this maker. Never thought about real M43 caps made by them but seeing such a cap by this maker is a delight for sure.

According to the logic of the guy I got my cap from, yours must be an "M44"

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
            Hi Chris

What a nice cap, thanks for posting the comparison shots. There must be more by this maker out there somewhere although I could find no reference to the RB Nr on forums or google.

Here are some closeups of the insignia
            Thanks Patrick,

The cockade on my cap had come loose and the veteran thought he had put it in a bag of insignia that he gave me.
            I will now go and find the matching one. He had taken the badges off a few cap so there is a mix. I appreciate being able to compare them to find the exact type,

Chris
            Last edited by 90th Light; 01-10-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X