Help Karl Kubach Black Panzer Cap Brass Grommets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Karl Kubach Black Panzer Cap Brass Grommets

Can I please have help with this Black Panzer overseas cap. It is a Karl Kubach with brass grommets. Thanks, Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I do not care for this cap; the Kubachs I have handled did not have the insignia applied in this fashion, nor do I like the grommits.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                I do not care for this cap; the Kubachs I have handled did not have the insignia applied in this fashion, nor do I like the grommits.
                Interesting,

have a look at this thread especially member "frank2far's" cap that he shows and where he got it from ;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=Karl+Kubach

Chris

Comment

More food for thought about KB :

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/museum_item.php?iid=272

http://184.172.36.50/forums/showthre...ht=karl+kubach

And a "42" dated stamp (fake imo):

derka

Comment

I also find the later cockade incongruous with a soutached cap. I recognize that this cap got a number of things right and I can certainly understand the inclination to accept it as genuine.

Comment

The grommets are ok in my opinion for this maker but I agree with OSS about the application of the insignia, I have seen ones with machine applied national colors but the eagle was hand sewn. So many workers and small shops doing work its hard for me to distinguish what is period and what is post war. These we out of the woodwork ones handle through the years and just MHO. TPK

Comment

Karl Kubach

Wow quite a thread. So for my own info we are sort of still at a either this is a beautiful original or a super scary postwar piece. The other threads that were pointed out were very helpful so thank you very much.

When looking at this cap it seems that Gerard really liked it and Mike Davis felt it was an original (however I am waiting to hear back because in Mikes sold section his Kubach Panzer cap says sold but withdrawn so I am waiting for clarification on what that means). It also seems that Chris has some very positive things to point out as well.

However, I still see that there is definately some doubt. I also note that Frank2far and myself purchased these caps from the same source so I will try to ascertain where our same source acquired them. Hopefully more to come.

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Karl Kubach

So far one response.

I only ever remember 2 or them and both came from different sources, one in Europe and one years ago from an old collection here. The gray eagle with the soutache appears to be the biggest question mark, but I think they are original. In hand I had no doubts of them, they are textbook original construction, IMHO.

Comment

Karl Kubach

Mike was kind enough to also answer with the following : "I ended up having doubts about it and decided to return it to the consignor!"

Mark.

Comment

Karl Kubach

And finally "That does not necessarily mean it was bad but I didn't want to have to worry about it".

So really, who knows?? Well we tried. Thanks to all who particiapted. Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X