A M 43 Wehrmacht Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A M 43 Wehrmacht Cap

What do you think about this M 43 Cap ? A good one ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No comments ?

Comment

Seems a good condition honest M 43 cap

Comment

I'm less sure about the cap to be honest.
                Very coarse wool for my taste, and combined with the color not very representative for a late war production cap. The trap is ok IMO, but I would probably pass on the cap itself.

Comment

What do you think ? Cap to "new" - the wool is a litte mysterys ???

Comment

Originally posted by Schuasta View Post
                    What do you think ? Cap to "new" - the wool is a litte mysterys ???
                    Its a cap made from pieces from a slaughtered original greatcoat.

Ohh those poor greatcoats....

Comment

With a coat its posible...!
                      Please look at my red markings......do you think is from a Coat too ??? old Sticking marks....?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello.

Not that i wanted to tell, but now when you made it so obvious, yes, its one of signs.

But there are more red flags, the greed of the fakers is always there.

Comment

Many Thanks for the comments...!
                          There are many caps around the hobby...and a lot of fakes....dammned !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schuasta View Post
                            With a coat its posible...!
                            Please look at my red markings......do you think is from a Coat too ??? old Sticking marks....?
                            That not a stitch line. That is a pulled thread in German artifical silk. It does that when some thing snags it a pulls the thread right through along its length.

Magnify it and take a close up image. I bet there are no sew holes. Just the threads going in the opposite direction at 90 degrees to the thread which has been snagged.

I use to wonder about lines like that in worn/ used artifical silk lined caps until someone showed me how a snag can happen.

In the images that you have posted, you can even see a bit of the snagged thread at one end and the bunching up of the cloth from the pull,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                              That not a stitch line. That is a pulled thread in German artifical silk. It does that when some thing snags it a pulls the thread right through along its length.

I think you are right Chris, this would not have been the liner used in a overcoat as well.

Nonetheless I remain with the fact that I think the cap is bad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X