Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice looking visor hat.

Comment

A real beauty gracefully aged just right.

-ray-

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
        I also found that aspect most interesting (that's why I posted them in chronological order), especially the interim version with the NSKK removed . Interesting theory, couldn't it just be that they wanted to be considered "combat" troops?

Kurt

Here is the visor blown up a little to illustrate it better...
        It is a fact that the TKSpeer attempted to eliminate all NSKK insignia by decree in the Autumn of '44, replacing it with the new TKS collar tabs and Heer/Luftwaffe eagles. Of course, this late in the war you still see obsolete uniforms being worn here and in most branches of the Wehrmacht.

Comment

I always admired this hat since I first saw it in a book some 32 years ago....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Just awesome Kurt!
            Now a much lower quality version "NSKK-SPeer" visor, foreign made in the Netherlands which makes sense, many troops were recruited from the countries of Holland, Belgium and France...
            Note the cap band in Dutch material and silver piping on the band material edges was carefully hand-stiched on!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 12-05-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

In quality its the other side of the spectrum, but as a foreign made visor, late war made, outside of RZM control, what can you expect?
              It came from another WAF member denazified, so I added standard Heer insignia most often worn late war by SPeer units while in service of the Heer.
              Here a print showing the shop that made this visor in Maastricht! (Dutch shop but French signage). It reads: "Fabricant de Chapeaux " (Manufacturer of hats)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 12-05-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Here the entire print (web image). The litho is late 19th century...So this hat maker has been around a while catering to civilian and Military headwear
                needs... Maastricht btw was the first Dutch town to be liberated by the Allies, so the hat was certainly made before September 14, 1944!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 12-05-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X