Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkstrumm Czech converted side cap, going on E-Stand

Hey guys, I need to raise money,
    So I'm asking for opinions on this oddball Czech ? Cap turned into a german cap. Has german maker marks / stampings and Czech ones too.
    Would something like this have an alright value??

Thank you all!
    Justin
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

More...
      Attached Files

Comment

More.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Some more
          Attached Files

Comment

Almost done
            Attached Files

Comment

Lastly
              Attached Files

Comment

Would also like to add a wartime photo of this boy wearing a very similar cap by the looks of it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent example ,

101% original. I have one just like it that was New Zealand veteran brought back from Italy in 1945.

My one also has an early Geb.Jag.Regt, "Bergmutze" T type trap sewn on it. Your one is the only other example that I have now seen with that early war GJR white eagle on dark green backing.

The other Czech side-caps pressed into German service after 1938 that I have seen, have always had a seperate eagle and cockade. Some times early white or grey on dark green. Others have had grey on field grey like in the period photo that you have posted.

Again nice example with more markings than mine

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                    Excellent example ,

101% original. I have one just like it that was New Zealand veteran brought back from Italy in 1945.

My one also has an early Geb.Jag.Regt, "Bergmutze" T type trap sewn on it. Your one is the only other example that I have now seen with that early war GJR white eagle on dark green backing.

The other Czech side-caps pressed into German service after 1938 that I have seen, have always had a seperate eagle and cockade. Some times early white or grey on dark green. Others have had grey on field grey like in the period photo that you have posted.

Again nice example with more markings than mine

Chris

Thank you Chris! I aqquired this example from a frind who bought it out of an old antique shop years back, I thought it to be an oddity so we traded. However I didn't know that ones such as this with the GebrsJager "T" Bergmutze eagles were uncommon? I guess I may have to hold onto it .
                    I'd love to see photos of yours for a comparison !
                    Thank you again for the information on this cap!

Comment

German Czek

Original cap pressed into service with Heer. I have one just like it more green with two German marks in it one a Hamburg maker the other I can't remember it is full sweat band as most of them I have seen do have. Nice period cap and harder to find than the common M-34. timothy

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer506 View Post
                        Thank you Chris! I aqquired this example from a frind who bought it out of an old antique shop years back, I thought it to be an oddity so we traded. However I didn't know that ones such as this with the GebrsJager "T" Bergmutze eagles were uncommon? I guess I may have to hold onto it .
                        I'd love to see photos of yours for a comparison !
                        Thank you again for the information on this cap!
                        It is nice to see these Lancer

Here is my my veteran brought back one from Italy in 1945,

Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

The leather seatband in my one has either fallen out, been removed by the German soldier or perhaps it never had one ?.

Plus what is left of the marking is hard to read. It looks to be ? "Czech lion, 1939 in a box, 1169" ?

Chris
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                            The leather seatband in my one has either fallen out, been removed by the German soldier or perhaps it never had one ?.

Plus what is left of the marking is hard to read. It looks to be ? "Czech lion, 1939 in a box, 1169" ?

Chris
                            Lovely cap, larger and better shape than mine!! Try posting a close up of the stamped lion or numbers when you can and I'll try to compare and post some too. Mines lion is on the sweatband but there are a lot of markings on the cloth it's at least 4-5

Comment

Here is a period photograph with the T type trap sewn on it.

Of note: you mention 'Volksturm' cap probably because of the boy soldier image you found, but of course these caps have nothing to do with late war or Volksturm. Just foreign stocks to used up by sometimes indeed second line troops.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X