Salty Kavallerie Feldmuetze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salty Kavallerie Feldmuetze

We've seen some amazing salty caps with character bought at auction recently and here's mine.

The original owner of this cap must have had some blue blood as there is coronet above the initial P cypher on the sweatband plus the lining is most elaborate and suggestive of a very high class tailor.

Maybe that's why he continued to wear and repair this cap which has obviously seen a lot of field use. Each repair suggests necessity rather than aesthetics which obviously wasn't important on the battlefield.

I like to imagine this Officer, having worn this cap to the bitter end, cutting off the swastika out of disgust or pride or both and placing this cap in a box where it remained until now.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The lining reminds me of my Mum's expensive curtains!
      Attached Files

Comment

The main reason why I bid on this cap was because this other cap with the same family cypher was in the same auction and I wanted them both.

Unfortunately, I was outbid though.

If anyone knows who won it, I'd be interested in trying to obtain it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cypher in the first cap.
          Attached Files

Comment

A wonderful example that speaks volumes. Love it!

Comment

Another stunner Ben, I love the saltiness of the whole rig. Obviously the guys favorite piece of headgear and I can see why, just killer. Matt

Comment

That's got a nice look to it Ben, congrats.

Comment

hi

Hi Ben

Congrats,the cap smell of history

Comment

Great cap Ben.

Bryant

Comment

I really love the look of this one also. Fantastic shape to it!

Comment

cypher

The crown and "P" in the imperial hat are similar to the cypher of the Oldenburg Inf. Regt. 91 cypher for what it's worth. But with the slight differences and the Wuerttemberg cockade it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Great cap Ben, my kind of condition with tons of character

Comment

Similar marked kav cap on a dealer's site right now:

Comment

Did the cap that begins this thread start off as a legit crusher or was it originally a service dress that was purposely 'deconstructed' and then 'rebuilt' as a crusher to suit the owner? Any ideas on that?

Robt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X