nebelwerfer (?) officer cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nebelwerfer (?) officer cap

will make open shade pix tomorrow but this is color corrected by low-wattage flash so is approximately correct I believe. thoughts please? thanks a lot.
    Attached Files

had much schmuetz on it still has some round the wreath - which has been there a very long time judging by the impression I saw when delicately peering behind one part. btw the piping in nylon as often found on sh. boards, and pulling it slightly away from the top shows consistent color.

Comment

close on 40 views and *no* comments. well I'll load outdoor pix tomorrow in shade and sun and interior as well amd will appreciate a little insight. anything but a cold shoulder thanks , david

Comment

The field gray looks a little dark...Probably the lighting...the photography, try in natural light!
        The piping farbe looks standard red to me (artillery)

Comment

Thanks nick -
          in hand it looks to me more 'bordeaux red.' may be a tough call. Besides slight waffenfarbe makers variations and sun fading from use, another trouble with color is how few of us - incl. Me - have calibrated our monitors. Which is of limited use anyhow if the walls where the 'puter is located are anything but white!
          Anyhow new pix today.

Comment

I can't say as I'm wild about the chin cords or the eagle .... Perhaps I should just stick to SS ?

Ian

Comment

Nebel is very hard to photo , it usually looks arty.

Best is to go outside and not use lightning.

Comment

right guys heading out in a little while will post asap

Comment

pix - the first is in part sun part shade. thanks again - hope to nail this down!
                  Attached Files

Comment

3-4
                    Attached Files

Comment

5-6
                      Attached Files

Comment

next
                        Attached Files

Comment

and
                          Attached Files

Comment

last
                            Attached Files

Comment

couple odd things about this hat:

the pattern on the visor's underside, tho I think I've seen this before, albeit rarely;
                              the visor's unstitched yet looks original to the cap shapewise;
                              no maker's mark tho maybe this type never had one, or the info'd been stamped ONTO the (stiff) plastic sweatshield vs. under it on the lining.

as to the visor again: it's apparently been there 'forever' making me think it's a period glue job, or else - unlikely tho it may be - that this is one of few caps with a non-stitched visor (?)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X