km visor for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

km visor for review

Hi. Is it possible to get some opinions on this visor with respect to originality and desirability?

Thanks.

http://www.military-antiques-stockho...g&itemid=17218

I sold this cap a few months ago to Peter. I got the convolute and all papers you can see include his white officer cap direct from the family from Glückstadt near Hamburg. It's a nice untouched convolute and 100% original.
    I sold all because of another project.

Cheers,
    steiner99
    Last edited by steiner99; 10-04-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

one question, but an important one: why would a Kapitänleutnant (not a senior Officer) wear a cap of a senior Officer (from Korvettenkapitän onwards) ...

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
        one question, but an important one: why would a Kapitänleutnant (not a senior Officer) wear a cap of a senior Officer (from Korvettenkapitän onwards) ...
        He was most certainly promoted late in the war hence the change of bill, the white top was for the junior Officer though.

Petervl
        www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Kriegsmarine KM cap

Sorry, but if he would have been promoted, it would certainly and without any exception, have been written down in his Soldbuch, so ...

"Deutsche Gründlichkeit" you know!

Comment

Sorry, but if he would have been promoted, it would certainly and without any exception, have been written down in his Soldbuch, so ...

"Deutsche Gründlichkeit" you know!
            I have to agree, we never really thought about it as it came from family....... I will read through all the written documents monday to see if there is any explanation in them or maybee Steiner have a explanation.

"I´l be back"

P
            www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Hats off to Glaser for his contribution to this thread.

Comment

I don't know the reason why the promotion to Korvettenkapitän is not written down in his Soldbuch. For me the only explanation is he got promotet in the final days.

I already have his two pair of (Korvettenkapitän) shoulder boards. They are in totaly mint condition an was probably never used on a tunic. The two pairs of boards are the only I kept from the convolut.

steiner99

Comment

Thanks to all who commented. So the cap itself is a textbook original. However it is uncertain why the promotion is not in the soldbuch?

Comment

Here is the rest of the convolute. I think he get promotes in the last days of war, that's why he get all insignias for a Korvettenkapitän include this unused boards.

Cheers,
                    steiner99

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I did not found his name in the Lohmann and Hildebrand's reference books "The Kriegsmarine"

Comment

If you did not find him, what should we conclude from that. What do you think about the cap? Worth the asking price?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X